Alright im new here/New to DJing.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Alright im new here/New to DJing.

Hi Guys! Been looking around the site and seems very legit!

And i just have 2 simple questions... I just bought a DDJ T1 it comes with Traktor 2.5? I think...
    Is Traktor Scratch Pro and Traktor 2, two completely different things or is there a way to load Traktor Scratch Pro? Because every video or picture I see shows Scratch Pro...

And when i spin the jog wheel, is there a way to eliminate that scratching sound? Ive seen videos of Scratch Pro 2 and you dont have the scratching.

Im very very confused as to what im doing....
    Last edited by Zeal; 07-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Welcome! To answer your question, yes they are different softwares, but the only difference is that Traktor Scratch Pro has the ability to read timecode signal, either from CDJ's or from turntables. This is for people who want to continue playing with vinyl. Traktor Pro has every feature you need, because the controller you bought is a MIDI controller, so you don't have to worry about timecode. However, if you'd like to change your setup in the future, and are thinking of using turntables, you can upgrade to Scratch Pro for a discount. But for what you bought, don't worry! You have everything you need
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Welcome! To answer your question, yes they are different softwares, but the only difference is that Traktor Scratch Pro has the ability to read timecode signal, either from CDJ's or from turntables. This is for people who want to continue playing with vinyl. Traktor Pro has every feature you need, because the controller you bought is a MIDI controller, so you don't have to worry about timecode. However, if you'd like to change your setup in the future, and are thinking of using turntables, you can upgrade to Scratch Pro for a discount. But for what you bought, don't worry! You have everything you need
    Awesome Thank You! That saves me the trouble of worrying

I also have a few more question.. i cant seem to find any of the answers i want anywhere

Ask away Always glad to help.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Awesome! Alright, the jog wheel, is there any way to remove the scratching sound? When I connect my speakers to my DDJ-T1 I hear the scratching in my headphone and my speakers, is it possible to isolate the scratching to just my headphone?

Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 11.43.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 11.43.50 AM.jpg
    In picture 2, I dont see Traktor 2.5.1.. only 2.0.3. Im guessing it installed wrong?

Tech Guru

Show me the videos you're referring to about no scratching sound when they spin the wheel...

The platters on the DDJ T1 are touch sensitive, so when you touch the metal part of the platter it simulates you putting your hand on a vinyl record. If you rest your hand on a record, it stops. That's the idea behind touch sensitive platters.

If you want to get really technical, it's possible that you can edit the mapping to disable the "Scratch On" function of the platter. But for now, show us what you're referring to.

edit: I posted this before I saw your post Wasn't sure how familiar you were to the technology

Also I can't make out what you're referencing in your images. Can you post larger ones or perhaps upload them to tinyurl or some other image hosting site?
    Last edited by ToOntown; 07-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Show me the videos you're referring to about no scratching sound when they spin the wheel...

The platters on the DDJ T1 are touch sensitive, so when you touch the metal part of the platter it simulates you putting your hand on a vinyl record. If you rest your hand on a record, it stops. That's the idea behind touch sensitive platters.

If you want to get really technical, it's possible that you can edit the mapping to disable the "Scratch On" function of the platter. But for now, show us what you're referring to.
    Maybe im wrong, maybe i didnt here it but heres the video.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Maybe im wrong, maybe i didnt here it but heres the video.
    What time in the video does he do it? I don't have time to watch the whole thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post

edit: I posted this before I saw your post Wasn't sure how familiar you were to the technology

Also I can't make out what you're referencing in your images. Can you post larger ones or perhaps upload them to tinyurl or some other image hosting site?

Whoops sorry, its seems that 2.5.1 isnt showing up? Unless it installs directly on top the Traktor program

Edit: Never mind, i checked the info on the actual program, should have do that from the start.

Question about the jog wheel is still up in the air tho, How to hear the scratch in you headphones but not your speakers.. if thats even remotely possible
    Last edited by Zeal; 07-26-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Tech Guru

It looks like you installed it correctly. Run an update in Service Center if you're unsure.

I am afraid I don't understand your question. The only way you can hear something in your headphones but not through the speakers is with the headphone cue for a deck on and the fader on the same deck at 0.

But if you can point to exactly where in the video he scratches I can help more.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast