Help with a Party...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Default Help with a Party...

    Hey Guys,

    So tomorrow I'm DJing at a huge High school and College party. Considering I'm only 14, this is a pretty big deal for me. I'm extremely nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time.

    Anyway. I'm Djing from 5:30 to 10:00 pm. The party however, is lasting until 12:00 pm. The reason I'm leaving early is because I have to wake up super early the next morning to leave for vacation. There was a DJ who was supposed to fill up those last 2 hours, but he just bailed. I'm really conflicted as to what they're going to do. I have to take all of my equipment with me when I leave. Speakers and all.

    We were going to hook up an Ipod, but we realized we don't have a cable to do so. Any ideas as to what we can do to keep the party going? I'm stressin' out.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  2. #2

    Default

    really need some ideas...
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  3. #3
    Tech Guru dope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Well, we cannot solve every problem.

    But really, the only thing I see here is an opportunity for you to DJ for 2 more hours. You are exited, because it's going to be a nice moment, you have the opportunity to spend maybe the 2 best hours of your life so far so why don't you take it ? To save 2 hours of sleep ? Bitch please.. You sleep every night, you won't DJ that kind of event every night.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Well, we cannot solve every problem.

    But really, the only thing I see here is an opportunity for you to DJ for 2 more hours. You are exited, because it's going to be a nice moment, you have the opportunity to spend maybe the 2 best hours of your life so far so why don't you take it ? To save 2 hours of sleep ? Bitch please.. You sleep every night, you won't DJ that kind of event every night.
    The thing is, I'd love to. But it's really just not an option right now. I have to wake up REALLY early. Plus I have to pack tomorrow night and everything. I know thats the best option, but I really can't see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  5. #5
    Tech Guru dope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Unless you can find a friend that is decent a DJing and you can trust with all the PA stuff to unplug safely etc, I really don't see a way out.

    If the only solution is to end up the thing at 10, make sure everyone knows it's not your fault but the other guy's. If you can make it clear without having to yell it on the mic thus being an ass, you're sucessful.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Unless you can find a friend that is decent a DJing and you can trust with all the PA stuff to unplug safely etc, I really don't see a way out.

    If the only solution is to end up the thing at 10, make sure everyone knows it's not your fault but the other guy's. If you can make it clear without having to yell it on the mic thus being an ass, you're sucessful.
    One idea was for me to record a 2 hour set. But really theres no way to play it. I have another friend bringing his pa system, but we still don't know what to do with it. hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard Vandalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    The thing is, I'd love to. But it's really just not an option right now. I have to wake up REALLY early. Plus I have to pack tomorrow night and everything. I know thats the best option, but I really can't see it happening.
    Pack now (or tomorrow morning). Play the party. Break down the equipment, and then go home. If you sleep 4 hours, so be it. Hell, if you have to stay up all night, so be it - you can sleep on the plane / car. 4 hours of sleep feels like 8 for the first couple of hours anyway - seriously, you can wake up after 4 and its way better than 6 hours of sleep due to sleep cycles being typically 4 hours, i.e., when you sleep 6 you wake up mid cycle and feel groggy. With 4ish hours you dont feel groggy at all, but it just hits you later that day (like, 4-6pm for me at least) but you can power through if you stay active and sleep well the next night. Trust me, in college you will pull all nighters relatively often, especially depending upon your major - it's not that big of a deal.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/CalBearister/
    Technics 1200-MK2; DJM-850; Maschine

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post
    Pack now (or tomorrow morning). Play the party. Break down the equipment, and then go home. If you sleep 4 hours, so be it. Hell, if you have to stay up all night, so be it - you can sleep on the plane / car. 4 hours of sleep feels like 8 for the first couple of hours anyway - seriously, you can wake up after 4 and its way better than 6 hours of sleep due to sleep cycles being typically 4 hours, i.e., when you sleep 6 you wake up mid cycle and feel groggy. With 4ish hours you dont feel groggy at all, but it just hits you later that day (like, 4-6pm for me at least) but you can power through if you stay active and sleep well the next night. Trust me, in college you will pull all nighters relatively often, especially depending upon your major - it's not that big of a deal.
    the thing is, it's kinda my parents too. they don't wan't me staying out till midnight playing some random college party. There's really no changing their minds...
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  9. #9
    Tech Guru JasonBay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Brew Ha!
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Just do it already, so what if they bitch you out? You're young and stupid so do it, take the consequences like a man but have the time of your life

  10. #10
    DJTT Moderator Dude Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,314

    Default

    sleep is overrated. play till you drop or covered in tomatoes
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020

    "This aggression will not stand, man."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •