VCI-100 Dead! Help?

Default VCI-100 Dead! Help?

After good 3-4 years of use as my go to controller in the studio mainly used for sampling, last night my vci just died after I tried plugging it out from one pc and moving it to the other one. I have tested multiple cables and multiple computers, the only light I get is under the jog wheels but just for a second. I was using the usb connector.

Here are my questions. If I find the adapter, is it possible to have it working this way and still use the usb?
    Does anyone know of a place in the Los angeles area that would be able to fix a vci-100? and last, does djtechtools offer repair of the units?

I haven't opened the unit yet but just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it.

Thank for the help im new here, mostly been reading the boards in the past.

Tech Mentor

I might be interested in buying it if you cant fix it. Not sure if the adapter will help though.

Default I would rather buy one

I would rather buy one
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My guess is you didnt "disconnect" is correctly when pulling it out. But who does, right? I've seen many hard drives fail like this without correctly disconnecting it (Windows). Cant answer for MAC.

Sorry for being off topic, but how do you use this for sampling in the studio?

Mine is dead too....more than a year ago. It worked 100% the evening and I packed it away.
    Next morning, dead as a doornail.

Still have no idea why.

Had someone take a look and they said there was power flowing via it....but still no dice.

Sorry mate...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

someone with soldering knowledge should have a look inside. maybe it is something very simple like a loose cable or the defect usb port has be replaced... donīt know if this might help. but itīs very easy to open the controller, so before buying a new it could be worth a try.

still in love with my second hand vci100 and itīs still doing a good job, hopefully for a long, long time
    Last edited by c0nsul; 09-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Give it a shot and fill ticket to Vestax support! Let them know everything so at least they can locate the issue before sending it anywhere for repair.

Luck!