Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard DJ Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    28

    Default Help routing headphone output thru midi controller + Traktor + Soundflower!

    So I just joined Mixify, really cool idea to broadcast DJ mixes live etc.

    I've configured Soundflower as my audio out as sugggested on the website, and it's working fine. Problem is I can't use my headphones anymore. Any ways to work around this? I'd prefer to play live than pre-record a mix.

    My setup is VCI 400, Traktor Pro 2.5, MacBook Pro running OSX 10.7 Lion, and of course Soundflower (2 channel).
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

  2. #2
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    14,086

    Default

    I would go out of the main on the VCI to the in on the computer and select built in on Mixify.

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard DJ Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Thanks for the prompt advice!

    So how would I do that under audio/midi setup? Input VCI and output built in? Sorry, bit confusing..

    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I would go out of the main on the VCI to the in on the computer and select built in on Mixify.
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

  4. #4

    Default

    what he means is to use the main out on your vci, and go straight into ur laptop thru its mic input. i did the sam elast night but used my aux out on my ttm57 and it worked ok, then i realised the gain on my laptop mic input was all the way up meaning that even with the aux out on 1 it was clipping.... mixify was cool i had some fun but it sucks the life outta ur cpu and made running all my midi controllers impossible
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's
    I'm all that and then some, tall dark and handsome

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard DJ Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Ah gotcha! I'll try that out. Yeah the clipping/feedback seems to be an issue for most. In any case will give this a try, cheers!


    Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    what he means is to use the main out on your vci, and go straight into ur laptop thru its mic input. i did the sam elast night but used my aux out on my ttm57 and it worked ok, then i realised the gain on my laptop mic input was all the way up meaning that even with the aux out on 1 it was clipping.... mixify was cool i had some fun but it sucks the life outta ur cpu and made running all my midi controllers impossible
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

  6. #6
    Tech Wizard DJ Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I've found a simple elegant solution. One can create an aggregate device to include controller + soundflower outputs, then one simply has to do the routing thru Traktor, and presto! Problem solved! Have a look:

    http://www.traktorbible.com/video/ag...o-devices.aspx

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Barrister View Post
    Ah gotcha! I'll try that out. Yeah the clipping/feedback seems to be an issue for most. In any case will give this a try, cheers!
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Barrister View Post
    I've found a simple elegant solution. One can create an aggregate device to include controller + soundflower outputs, then one simply has to do the routing thru Traktor, and presto! Problem solved! Have a look:

    http://www.traktorbible.com/video/ag...o-devices.aspx
    Could you explain a bit deeper. Im still having trouble getting it to work

  8. #8
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    14,086

    Default

    I had to turn my computer's sound card input volume down pretty low on Mixify.

  9. #9
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    14,086

    Default

    Seriously there is no easier way than to go to Walmart or Radio Shack or Best Buy or whatever you have and buy an RCA to mini jack cable and run it into your computer's input.

    This is what it looks like


  10. #10
    Tech Wizard DJ Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    28

    Default

    This.

    Using the controller out to computer in method causes all sorts of clipping issues. Using the aggregate device method I was able to generate decent volume without feedback, though it wasn't fool-proof.

    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I had to turn my computer's sound card input volume down pretty low on Mixify.
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •