Audio 6 Not Connected... it's plugged in and lights are flashing!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Audio 6 Not Connected... it's plugged in and lights are flashing!!!

Hello Chaps,
    I have Traktor 6, but I also have a Denon DN-X1600 mixer, so I don't usually need the Audio 6 that it came with.

I have a gig in 2 weeks, my 1st gig for 3 years and I need to use Traktor, problem is as follows...

I installed the latest driver, then I plugged in the Audio 6 (the Audio 6 lights up and the green USB light starts to flash), as soon as I do this, I get a message in my System Tray on Windows saying, "Installing Device Driver" or something like this, every time it fails to install properly (but I figure that this doesn't matter because I have manually installed the driver), then I open up the Audio 6 Control Panel and it says...

"No Traktor Audio 6 Found Make Sure That The Interface Is Plugged In"

So, I tried various things with the driver and also swapping USB ports but still it makes no difference. I even tried to open up Traktor which works brilliantly with my Denon Mixer, but it won't recognise the Audio 6, so I can't use it.

I have also posted the same thread on the NI website, but it's not often that anyone on there can or wants to help. If anyone here knows what to do, or can offer me some advice I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers, Dan.

Diver issue.

What version of Windows are you running?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    Diver issue.

What version of Windows are you running?
    64 bit Windows 7, 2.4gb Quad Core Processor, 8gb RAM.

Should be more than enough to run it comfortably shouldn't it?!?!?!

Cheers, Dan.

Definitely adequate hardware specs.

Is this the driver you installed?

http://download.native-instruments.c...stamp=5012c0ec
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

Definitely adequate hardware specs.

Is this the driver you installed?

http://download.native-instruments.c...stamp=5012c0ec
    Yep, that's the exact one man, I'm getting ill with it... Why's this kind of thing not easy???

Okay here's what you gotta do:

Click Start -->
    Right-click on Computer, then click Properties-->
    In the left pane, click Device Manager-->

Look through the devices and find one that's not installed correctly, it'll probably have a yellow exclamation mark on it and it might be under Other Devices or something like that.

Right-click on it, then click Update Driver Software...-->
    Click Browse my computer for driver software-->
    Click Browse-->

In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Native Instruments -> Driver, then click OK, then click Next.

Hopefully I got the paths correct. If it doesn't work, try it again but this time, during that last step, if there are any folders inside of Driver (i.e. x86, x64, 32, 64), try those as well.

Just as an extra : flashing usb led = driver/connectivity issue for sure.
    If it's not the driver, it could be the cable and/or port (I had issues with two A8's in the same night : mine would give me the flashing icon with a cable we'd used earlier, then worked perfectly with my usual cable. A friend's A8 that was also there was flashing regardless of the cable...
    (yes I wrote A8 but this is similar with the other interfaces)

Okay here's what you gotta do:

Click Start -->
    Right-click on Computer, then click Properties-->
    In the left pane, click Device Manager-->

Look through the devices and find one that's not installed correctly, it'll probably have a yellow exclamation mark on it and it might be under Other Devices or something like that.

Right-click on it, then click Update Driver Software...-->
    Click Browse my computer for driver software-->
    Click Browse-->

In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Native Instruments -> Driver, then click OK, then click Next.

Hopefully I got the paths correct. If it doesn't work, try it again but this time, during that last step, if there are any folders inside of Driver (i.e. x86, x64, 32, 64), try those as well.
    Cheers for all your help man, but I tried that earlier when re-installing the driver, I'm not having much luck with it to be fair!!!

Although I've had a much bigger response on here than on the NI website!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Just as an extra : flashing usb led = driver/connectivity issue for sure.
    If it's not the driver, it could be the cable and/or port (I had issues with two A8's in the same night : mine would give me the flashing icon with a cable we'd used earlier, then worked perfectly with my usual cable. A friend's A8 that was also there was flashing regardless of the cable...
    (yes I wrote A8 but this is similar with the other interfaces)
    I'll give this a whirl with the wire from my DN-X1600 because I know that works, this is the 1st time I've used the wire from the box... I'll let you know how I get on!!!

It's still not working, I've tried re-installing the driver and using different cables, it just wont have it!!!

Could it be that the Sound Card is just faulty???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast