Why I hate EDM... - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Why would people listening to bad music make you want to look for good music LESS? If anything it would make me want to dig deeper so that I can show them the truth!
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Why would people listening to bad music make you want to look for good music LESS? If anything it would make me want to dig deeper so that I can show them the truth!
    For me it's more about the way I prioritize my time. Finding music for myself always takes a backseat to finding the music that makes me money...Money is the other thing. Spending money on music I like is hard because I insist on doing it legally and have already spent so much money on music I can't stand. What a vicious cycle...

Also, "showing them the truth" doesn't exist at weddings. Nobody is interested in "NEW" music, they just want to hear the same old crap they've heard for the last 40 years.

I swear, DJ'ing at weddings has ruined me. All of a sudden DJ'ing has turned into a job...And yet it's still better than sitting in a cubicle and working in an office.

There is still people listening to Indie Hiphop? Maybe I should give another try to selling all those records I bought between 2002 and 2004. In hindsight I really have no clue what I saw in that kind of music - nowadays it seems to me quite a pretentious and musically often shitty sub-genre (e.g. stuff like Anticon - how the hell did I end up buying quite a few of their releases?).

And while I do still enjoy some good hiphop (mostly from the period between 1990 and 1995, I reckon), my fundamental problem with this genre is not the music (which I think took several harsh turns to the worse after 95 and is completely horrible nowadays), but rather the people. Actually just 1 or 2 weeks ago I went to a party where they played older hiphop and was quickly reminded why I hadn't attended a hiphop event in years. Somehow the crowd all seemed so uptight, trying hard to look cool. And all the chicks tarted up as hell, so that even the pretty ones already came off as annoying before even talking to them. Was really missing the vibe I experience at the techno/(deep/tech)house parties I usually frequent - people are just more laidback and don't take themselves as seriously.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I don't really want to contribute in a thread named like this, but whatever... Also I'm not really a Hip-Hop fan but I kind of enjoy this:

"They try to say we bad kids from the start
    Grandchildren of Marx and Coca-Cola, yet quoting Godard"

Tech Mentor

I hate hip-hop, it's either always about bling and bitches, or it's some guy trying to be deep and feeling sorry for himself..

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Woah View Post
    I hate hip-hop, it's either always about bling and bitches, or it's some guy trying to be deep and feeling sorry for himself..
    It's the new emo...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I swear, DJ'ing at weddings has ruined me. All of a sudden DJ'ing has turned into a job...And yet it's still better than sitting in a cubicle and working in an office.
    As someone who is a 9-5 cubicle slave during the work week, I've found this to be the opposite. I enjoy DJing way more now than when I was doing it for a living, because now I'm able to go out on the weekend and play the gigs I WANT to play, not the gigs I HAVE to play. It really does put things in perspective, and I no longer have to take the stupid pop crap bullshit gigs just because I need to eat.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

I love hip hop............. from the Bronx from about 1971 untill about ooooooooh 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Woah View Post
    this. there is very few hip-hop i can enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but "Das Racist" seems to be pretty big in the Indie Hip Hop scene. I don't listen to them personally, but I've heard a lot about them and the elitist hipsters seem to really like them.
    Das Racist are actually really hilarious if you give them a chance. the only person i cant stand thats in that whole mishka supportin crew is Action Bronson.