Allen & Heath Xone:42 for Traktor Scratch instead of Audio8?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Allen & Heath Xone:42 for Traktor Scratch instead of Audio8?

Hi all

I just found this fantastic looking mixer from Allen & Heath:

It has an USB interface and at the Xone homepage this is stated:

Theres even a USB port which allows easy connection to a computer and integration of digital media, which can be used to play back music files from a laptop and to record mixes, or used with software as a digital DJ effects unit.

Check it out at: http://www.xone.co.uk/42/

My question is: Do any of you guys know if this can be used with Traktor Scratch, making the Audio8 DJ unnecessary?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post

My question is: Do any of you guys know if this can be used with Traktor Scratch, making the Audio8 DJ unnecessary?

Cheers!
    I don't think so
    The description says : "USB 1.1 port : One stereo up to PC and one stereo back"

Audio8 has 4 stereo in & 4 outs...

And, I don't know, really not sure, but it looks like you can't choose what's going out of the USB...

You were probably looking for one with midi, the first one from AH with MIDI is the http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/xone92.asp

Dunno about a sound interface though ...

A mixer has to be "Traktor Scratch Certified" to replace your audio 8 or 4. This would be the AH Xone 4D, Korg Zero 4/8, Ecler Evo5, and Makie D.4pro. http://www.native-instruments.com/in...chcertified_us

Quote Originally Posted by minimalmintek View Post
    The description says : "USB 1.1 port : One stereo up to PC and one stereo back"
    Ahh damn, I missed that one.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tech Wizard

There is no ''real'' sound interface on both xone 42 and 92. As for myself, i run my audio 8 into the 42 and it works really well. The 42 aint got much effects beside the filters, but combined with TPro effects i don't have big complains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron D.P. View Post
    There is no ''real'' sound interface on both xone 42 and 92. As for myself, i run my audio 8 into the 42 and it works really well. The 42 aint got much effects beside the filters, but combined with TPro effects i don't have big complains.
    This sounds like my future setup. Your happy with the mixer? Not having a lot of effects is not really an issue for me.
    Do you use it as an external mixer with Pro, or do you use Scratch Pro?

Tech Wizard

i'd recommend a xone mixer to any1, it's build quality & sound quality is just amazing...u can't miss

Quote Originally Posted by Ron D.P. View Post
    exactly the same for me but with a 92 & I'm more than happy with that
    Using Scratch Pro...

Tech Wizard

i use T Pro, not scratch. But if you have the sound interface that matches (audio 8), no prob. with scratch i guess.

The crossfader is not ment for scratching (if i compare to ecler hak for example)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast