How to make controller mapping for T Pro in OS X?

Default How to make controller mapping for T Pro in OS X?

Ok, from what I've seen I need windows to be able to pull this off, and I dont have windows so if anyone could point me in the right direction to get this completed in mac os x I would greatly appreciate it.

I want a 4 deck layout but its a bit weird, I dont even know if it's possible... I have attached an image as I think it is more easily explained through that. basically you would trigger whether you're on decks A/B or decks C/D, and some of the other buttons would change along depending on which "page" you're on.

I want basic controls I want to be able to use this along side my trigger finger (used for the loops) so I just want the basic functions but to be able to play all 4 decks.

As for the effects section, I like how it is on other layouts I've seen where you choose to control either effect 1 or 2 and one is a chained and the other a single.

On the song select load buttons those are fine the way they are in the stock mapping.

this would be an awesome set up because it's a simple one. again, if anyone could shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

Tech Guru

You don't need any particular os to map your controller. Just get up to speed on Traktor's commands, modifiers, and start experimenting! I use a 4 deck via toggle setup, it works great. Also check out the mappings section for plenty of starting points from other users- there's lots of 4 deck tsi files out there.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

I've tried others but don't really like them, they seem too complex. But that aside, so what you're saying is that it can all be done in the traktor backend. Is there any particular place - can read up on this? I see the modifier button but don't have a clue where to begin.

Tech Guru

First thing to do is read the manual. I know it sounds simple, but there's really a ton of good info in there to get you started. Next you can download a stock tsi from vestax's website - you probably won't like it, but that's where you start changing things to suit you. Alternately, find a really simple, (look for 2 deck) basic tsi on this forum. Search for terms you don't understand - there's tons of very helpful info here. And finally, just experiment. Don't worry about modifiers for now, you can use/build a basic, solid mapping without them. NI's site has plenty of info too, you just need to slog through a lot of hotheaded posting...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

And be sure to download the Traktor Midi-Bible, it explains mapping reeeeeally nice- read it to get a headstart to mapping, I'm sure you won't regret it!

Good Luck FTW!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506 - *** ! READ ME FIRST ! *** Posting Instructions

Read the stickies before posting, moved to the general forum.

Morbido - thanks for the advice.
    BentoSan - Sorry about posting in the wrong forum.