beatgridding entire collection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default beatgridding entire collection

Who here has gone through and set a beatgrid for all their music. If so, have you set cue points through out as well? I am wanting to do my entire music collection of 1600 songs but feel like its going to be hell working through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by dj sterilize View Post
    Who here has gone through and set a beatgrid for all their music. If so, have you set cue points through out as well? I am wanting to do my entire music collection of 1600 songs but feel like its going to be hell working through them all.
    Not all, but most.

And yes, it takes A LOT of time.

1600 is not a lot...I've gone through almost 4,000 and I'm sure some guys on here have gone through more.

And yes I try to set the hotcue points at the same time...Might as well right? I'll just set them at key points, like the intro, first verse, chorus, bridge, etc.

I never do that many at once. Maybe 100 at a time. It gets tedious. Make a playlist for your next gig (or your next mixtape) and start with those. Then make another playlist (or add another 20 songs or so to your playlist) and grid some more. Lock each track after you are done prepping it, then you know it's done without loading it to check. That way you can grid at your own pace, whenever you feel like it, and do as little or as many as you want and not waste time.

Also don't be afraid to play a non-gridded track. Depending on your style the autogrid might be fine or easily corrected live. Or just beatmatch it like the old days...
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post

Also don't be afraid to play a non-gridded track. Depending on your style the autogrid might be fine or easily corrected live. Or just beatmatch it like the old days...
    This is what I've been doing. For some reason, whenever I update there's a bunch of locked tracks where the beatgridding is off or the hotcues have been shifted. It's quite annoying really.

Tech Mentor

I do beatmatch manually I am on turntables and a mixer now but I wanted them beatgridded and tight because I have an x1 I use as well with my setup and wanted it to be on point with cue jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by dj sterilize View Post
    I do beatmatch manually I am on turntables and a mixer now but I wanted them beatgridded and tight because I have an x1 I use as well with my setup and wanted it to be on point with cue jumping.
    Yeah and if you use effects as well, proper beat grids are indispensable. Didn't mean to imply that grids only purpose was beatsyncing; just saying there's nothing wrong with only having a portion of your tracks gridded.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

thanks for the "your own pace method" Djproben, that's an idea i think ill try. ive never really gridded any tracks, as i only had traktor for weddings and stuff, where its song after song, no mixing :/ now im starting to do my own thing, so this will really help
    ~2 X Gemini XL 500II~ I ~Vestax PMC-05 PROII~ I ~Audio 4 DJ~ I ~Traktor Scratch Pro 2~

I have over 6000 tunes in my collection, all manually gridded .. its part of the fun mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Impressive Jester. I am going to break it up and do a handfull daily and should knock them out soon enough.

Tech Wizard

I have very basically, however i find it pretty easy to adjust on the fly, however i play mostly electronic stuff, and anytime i play band or older stuff i am a lot looser with my mixing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast