My recordings sound like trash - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

^ yep for sure
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Try using a different USB cable. Might be a slim chance that your cable isn't shielded properly.

You said this happens with ripping vinyl too? It's possible the hum is in your turntable cables but you'd hear it playing the vinyl too.

And folks, telling him to use a different tool isn't solving his problem. If there is a ground loop that ought to be addressed whether or not he uses Traktor.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I have a complex array of microphones that I use for all Traktor recordings. I use two mounted above each channel fader to ensure I get a full stereo image and 6 to cover the full range of the crossfader. Depending on what kind of inventory I have to hand I might set up a few next to the USB port to ensure I capture all the digital output. All the mics are connected to a pedal that I converted into a multi-trigger to ensure that all the recordings start as close together as possible. It gets close but you still need some post mix tweaking. After that its a simple case of dropping each recording into its own channel in Ableton and syncing those bad boys up. Probably the best mp3 you'll ever hear (especially if you have a 7.1 surround system).
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    i have a complex array of microphones that i use for all traktor recordings. I use two mounted above each channel fader to ensure i get a full stereo image and 6 to cover the full range of the crossfader. Depending on what kind of inventory i have to hand i might set up a few next to the usb port to ensure i capture all the digital output. All the mics are connected to a pedal that i converted into a multi-trigger to ensure that all the recordings start as close together as possible. It gets close but you still need some post mix tweaking. After that its a simple case of dropping each recording into its own channel in ableton and syncing those bad boys up. Probably the best mp3 you'll ever hear (especially if you have a 7.1 surround system).
    Ummmm... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :P
    13" MBP 2012 | 4 GB RAM | 2.4 GHz Intel i5
    Traktor Pro 2
    M-AUDIO Trigger Finger | Traktor Kontrol S2

I have a complex array of microphones that I use for all Traktor recordings. I use two mounted above each channel fader to ensure I get a full stereo image and 6 to cover the full range of the crossfader. Depending on what kind of inventory I have to hand I might set up a few next to the USB port to ensure I capture all the digital output. All the mics are connected to a pedal that I converted into a multi-trigger to ensure that all the recordings start as close together as possible. It gets close but you still need some post mix tweaking. After that its a simple case of dropping each recording into its own channel in Ableton and syncing those bad boys up. Probably the best mp3 you'll ever hear (especially if you have a 7.1 surround system).
    YOU TOO?!
    I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE!

;p

Oh god that is good applause applause
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Guru

For vinyl ripping I use Reaper as I want my purchased records at 24bit. Mixes get recorded in Traktor. You definitely have a grounding issue. Try each piece of hardware separately to isolate the problem. My guess would be the mixer but rule out the decks and ground everything including your soundcard. Also try removing the power supply from your laptop as this can also cause issues with some models.

Just noticed the laptop power supply has already been suggested.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    What i do is run an rca from the rec out on the x1600 back into my audio 6. I set deck d as a direct input and record externally.
    Can you explain that a bit fuller? I was thinking this was possible I'm not sure how to go about it? Pictures would be great if possible. xXxXxXxXx
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

You will have a record out on your mixer. Run a rca (phono) into one of you audio 6 inputs and set as jester suggests. Pictures shouldn't be required.

If the earthing issue lies with your mixer however you will still get hum. Try plugging an ipod into your mixer only (disconnect everything else)and monitor on headphones then test output to speakers. If no hum at both stages then you're closer to finding the culprit.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast