Dance Dry Spell Over??
    Tech Wizard

Default Dance Dry Spell Over??

Is it me or is the Dance Music dry spell over? I found that Dance releases were hit-and-miss for the most part over the past two years. I listen to BPM in the car and the recent charts are fantastic and contain a good number of bangers. Am I the only one with this opinion??

Cheers!

Tech Guru

House? I think house has had the least dryest spell ever over the last few years? Specially in the deep house scene

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jjspike View Post
    Is it me or is the Dance Music dry spell over? I found that Dance releases were hit-and-miss for the most part over the past two years. I listen to BPM in the car and the recent charts are fantastic and contain a good number of bangers. Am I the only one with this opinion??

Cheers!
    I don't know, certainly from my perspective dance music in the underground has never had a dry spell in the last 20 odd years, just that every so often a genre of it will make it in to the mainstream/top 40/pop arena such as electro house/dubstep for the last few years. Peaks and troughs in the commercial/pop mainstream, always bubbling along nicely in the underground is my view.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    I don't know, certainly from my perspective dance music in the underground has never had a dry spell in the last 20 odd years, just that every so often a genre of it will make it in to the mainstream/top 40/pop arena such as electro house/dubstep for the last few years. Peaks and troughs in the commercial/pop mainstream, always bubbling along nicely in the underground is my view.
    Yup. The way I see it, it's like the ocean. You have your high tide, your low tide. Sometimes you get a storm that hits hard, most of the time it's clear sailing though.

We're in a good spot right now, and it's bubbling over into the mainstream. Give it some time, and the tide will pull back a bit. But enjoy it while it's going hard
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Sorry, I was referring to the mainstream (if I could call it that) dance genre such as the tunes played on Sirius BPM. Going back a couple years or so you had massive tracks from BEP, Deadmau5, Guetta in the top spots for some time. Beyond the top, the middle ground was also covered nicely. Since then, there have only been OK tracks holding down the top spots. Currently, the top tunes are not from the most prominent names however they are excellent IMHO. My music purchases are certainly up so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    House? I think house has had the least dryest spell ever over the last few years? Specially in the deep house scene