Mixfy Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixfy Question

Default Mixfy Question

Hello, I just recently got into broadcasting sets because its a fun way to practice, but for some reason when I do I can't get it to go through my S4 so I can cue up in my headphones or use my turntables. Im using a 2011 MBP and using Soundflower and the only way I can monitor what im listening to is to hit audio monitor on the website and I have to mix by what I hear through there. I know this is probably a stupid help request but if you can help me fix this it'd be great.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    Hello, I just recently got into broadcasting sets because its a fun way to practice, but for some reason when I do I can't get it to go through my S4 so I can cue up in my headphones or use my turntables. Im using a 2011 MBP and using Soundflower and the only way I can monitor what im listening to is to hit audio monitor on the website and I have to mix by what I hear through there. I know this is probably a stupid help request but if you can help me fix this it'd be great.
    How are your soundflower and your s4 setup/routed? If you are broadcasting to Mixify, then soundflower is sending your audio there...you need a way to route audio locally to the s4 AND soundflower.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

I have a RCA to 1/8th going into the headphone jack of my computer, and I can only hear anything on Soundflower 64ch

Tech Convert

I have the same problem. Sound flower takes your monitor outputs which is your headphones.. I have been talking to the moderators of the site and we are trying to work through it. I was talking to some other guys on the site and they routed their master into the computer somehow without even using soundflower. Feel free to inbox me and maybe we can figure out this thing..

Tech Guru

What a lot of folks have been doing (me included) is take master out of mixer and route it back to line input on computer (using a cable). Then choose the line in device in mixify or mydjtube.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    What a lot of folks have been doing (me included) is take master out of mixer and route it back to line input on computer (using a cable). Then choose the line in device in mixify or mydjtube.
    Are you then able to hear through your headphones and speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Are you then able to hear through your headphones and speakers?
    yes because your S4 will be acting like you are mixing directly to speakers.
    All you have to do is set in your input soundcard to feedback whats going in

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post

Like I keep saying, this is the easiest way to do this.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

this is what im doing, RCA to 1/8th from the main out of my S4 to the headphone jack of my MBP. If i try and use Soundflower 2ch all i heard is feedback and this crazy noise, so I use 64ch and it wont come out of my speakers and I can't cue in headphones or use my turntable

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't use Soundflower. Just choose the computer input as the sound source in Mixify.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast