WTF Beatport!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTF Beatport!!

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Why would you say that it isn't legit?
    Actually, that's more of a rhetorical question. It is completely legit as many producers I know sell their music and list their charts there, plus Stompy has existed for a long, long time. It was a normal record store for many years.

You shouldn't really cast aspersions based on your uninformed guesses.

They don't sell trance though, it's more music for grown ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Boy87 View Post
    anyone else seen this ... just went on beatport checking out my latest tunes from what ever artists and labels i like

£2.49 a song mp3!!!! fucking outrageous
    You've never used Beatport before?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

They don't sell trance though, it's more music for grown ups.
    And Trance isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    You've never used Beatport before?
    Beatport maximum prices have been lower than 2.49 in the UK, more like £1.79 + VAT (can't remember exactly). I understood this thread as a complaint that they are now charging the same numerical amount in £ as they do in €. Can't confirm that though.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    And Trance isn't?

Not in my experience, no, but that's something for another thread.

(Never trust anyone over the age of 30 still into trance, hard house or happy hardcore)

Quote Originally Posted by Miec View Post
    Beatport maximum prices have been lower than 2.49 in the UK, more like £1.79 + VAT (can't remember exactly). I understood this thread as a complaint that they are now charging the same numerical amount in £ as they do in €. Can't confirm that though.
    Ah, I was always under the assumption that they were charging the same numerical amount in all three currencies ($, £, €). It sure is expensive, but what is one to do - they do have pretty good exclusives all the time. So it's either patiently wait until those show up somewhere else or bite the bullet and buy them at that price (I always try to find a healthy balance with only a few 2,49 tracks sprinkled in between - and then use a discount code of some sort).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Not in my experience, no, but that's something for another thread.

(Never trust anyone over the age of 30 still into trance, hard house or happy hardcore)

oooooooookay then, you have much to learn.

Everyone in this thread that's complaining about the $2.50 tracks forget that's the Beatport Exclusive price, and the cost is usually 2/3rds that for an exclusive release. The non exclusives run in the sub $2 mark, with $7 closeouts on comps and albums from time to time.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    oooooooookay then, you have much to learn.
    I know all I need to know about trance thanks. I used to play it before I knew any better (94-97).

I made the same carts in Juno and Beatport once, applied 25% off beatport code and it was STILL more expensive than juno!

Emusic ftw.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast