Few Questions on DJ'ing

Default Few Questions on DJ'ing

I come from a controller background so I find everything in front of me being hooked up to a computer and mixing stuff straight out of the controller's audio output but I was exploring today and wanted to know what it would be like DJ'ing just a normal DJM-700 or 800 into Traktor and is it possible?

I know i'd need the traktor scratch with audio card but is it worth looking into? I mean just dj'ing from a mixer and traktor because at the moment I havnt got enough to buy a good set of CDJ with it.

Sorry if i've made no sense. If I havnt let me know and i'll elaborate differently.

Cheers!!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

What controller are you currently using ?

You might be better off running the CDJ's direct into it depending what unit it is (S4 for example).. and depending what CDJ's you are planning on using they may work in Traktor Natively without the need for a Audio 6/10 e.g. 850/900/2000

However you can run your audio directly into the inputs on a mixer, sure you can in external mode in traktor. But of course depends on the soundcard of your controller (or external) how many channels you can run.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    What controller are you currently using ?

You might be better off running the CDJ's direct into it depending what unit it is (S4 for example).. and depending what CDJ's you are planning on using they may work in Traktor Natively without the need for a Audio 6/10 e.g. 850/900/2000

However you can run your audio directly into the inputs on a mixer, sure you can in external mode in traktor. But of course depends on the soundcard of your controller (or external) how many channels you can run.
    I use a Novation Twitch and I also got a VCI-100. I have NI Audio 6 which I use as my production audio card at the moment which can be used as a in/out aswell I believe?