Xone:4D - FX return/send Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xone:4D - FX return/send Help

Hi everyone,

I just got my Xone:4D and its working great with Traktor Pro. However, I tried to set-up the FX return/send with my RMX-1000 and I was getting confused about the so called pre/post fader setting. I always hear the original signal under the "return" signal from the RMX-1000.

I think maybe I miss some settings...basically, I would like to use the channel faders (e.g. channel 1 and 2 up) and than select a channel for the effect (RMX-1000), without any underlying sound of the original signal.

Is there any tutorial for using an external effect like the RMX-1000 with the Xone:4D?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hey there Grandmaster,

I also thought it would be a great idea to add rmx1000 to xone 4d, but somehow the 4d brings the sound from the track playing with the send return so it goes around in some weird way. I dont know why it is set up like this, did you create a ticket at a&h helpforum?
    If you could link me I will post my thoughts aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    Hey there Grandmaster,

I also thought it would be a great idea to add rmx1000 to xone 4d, but somehow the 4d brings the sound from the track playing with the send return so it goes around in some weird way. I dont know why it is set up like this, did you create a ticket at a&h helpforum?
    If you could link me I will post my thoughts aswell!

Sadly theres no easy workaround is the same with the xone 92!!!!!M
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Are you aware that FX2 is hardwired as a pre-fader bus. Read the manual on how to easily change that. (jumper setting).

The FX return routing is also modifyable.

I'm quite familiar with my 4D. If you are a bit more specific I may be able to help you.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Well what id like to do is use the rmx1000 on a specific channel which plays a track, then i want to add a effect without getting the track from the channel in the fx loop aswell(sounds weird, like the track is doubled up).
    Understand what i mean?
    I read somewhere that a&h has to do an update with some drivers but perhaps its not needed if you say it can be changed by yourself!

-Did you update your drivers, firmware etc? The 4D has had some serious firmware upgrades.

-If you set it to post fader and keep the fader down, do you still have the problem?

-Which loop are you using? FX1 or FX2?

If you keep being unspecific, I fear nobody can help you.......

You DO understand that an effect is ADDED to the song by the RMX eh? It puts out SONG + EFFECT

Turning up the fader should give you more original song, turning up the FX loop should give more Song+effect. If you don't turn the original song dow, you get it doubled up, but that's not a 4D issue, that makes sense.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Mentor

did you ever solve this?

I am looking at the same issue with my xone 4d...

Tech Mentor

solved the routing problem...

I just added a native instruments audio 10 to my setup.

vinyl decks to the a10 and output from a10 to the 4D, which ableton takes the signal from each channel and puts it back to the same channels on the 4D. where I can do whatever in ableton to the audio going in.

a10 connected to Traktor, and the 4D to ableton.

im also having issues with this
    i have fx1 send/return running to a boss dd7 effect pedal
    applying it directly to one channel gets messy really fast
    i need to copy the track, eq all lows out, and then send & return, wich results in 3 x the same track layered ...
    this cant be the correct way of working?

external mixing noob = confused

is this the same on the xone 92?

when i open up the fx1 loop, the volume gets doubled
    when loco dice does this on the 92, it stays constant
    SoundCloud <-- All my mixes are available for a free download.

Tech Mentor

strange, my 3d doesn't do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast