Master State output: TPro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Master State output: TPro

Hi guys

I was wondering if there was a command to output the current state of the Master clock to my VCI-100. I know the Trigger has an output, but it doesn't hold, because there's no toggle for Master clock. Is there a way to get the output to change based on what Deck is in Master mode?

Thanks
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Let me get this right: you are trying to map the LED for the master button on each of the decks onto leds on your controller ?

I don't use the Manual Master Clock, only auto so the decks itself are Master.

I want a different LED to come on when Deck A is Master, when Deck B is Master, etc. etc.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Not in front of Traktor, but me thinks if you went and mapped out 4 buttons to select which deck was master, you could just duplicate the same 4 mappings and switch the type to "output" and it would have the functionality you are looking for. Unless you want the master clock to be based on which deck has been playing longer and don't want to be able to select the master manually, then you could just map the outputs. I'll look at it when I get home just to make sure.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Well, the problem is that the Set to Master is a trigger, not a toggle. The output only sends the message when the button is pushed down. I can't find an Output for Master State - Deck A, kind of thing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

If you don't use deck focus, then you could double assign it and use the deck focus output to light the LED you want, again assuming that deck focus isn't a trigger as well. Or you could use a modifier and it's output to do it, or Bomes.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Right, that would make sense.

If I could find the right message. The Output message didn't work (From Tempo ->Toggle Master State or something like that) when I tried it, but if you have success, let me know.

The problem is there isn't a Master output message that I can use to send Deck A is Master kind of thing There's an output to tie to the trigger, so when I press it down the button lights up, but once I release it the button turns off.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah, I'll check on the deck focus output solution when I get home in a few hours. If your deck focus is used currently, the solution sounds like it might have to be done with modifiers. Basically, using modifier X-1 for deck A master assigned to the A master trigger, X-2 for B, etc. and then having the modifiers state output light up the LED's. Only problem with this way is that you would have to have 5 mappings for each button just to change the modifier state into shifts, 4 mappings for LEDs, and 4 for triggers, so a total of 28 mappings for a simple result. So it could be easier with Bomes or Midipipe, or with the deck focus solution.

Right, I am using Bome, so don't worry about the modifier thing. I'm dreading the point I start coding all of this cause, well, I hate Traktor's MIDI window

Regardless, yeah, I just need to know how to get Traktor to output a message when the Master assignment changes...
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Any luck, Phaidon?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast