Fader FX Mode - Long Latency when using 3rd effect in chain

Default Fader FX Mode - Long Latency when using 3rd effect in chain

Just bought a used VCI-100, upgraded it to the 1.4 firmware and v4 mapping/overlay and am loving it. Everything is running great except for a weird bug I'm experiencing when in Fader FX mode. The first 2 effects of each chain work as they should, but when I put the line fader to zero to trigger the third effect there is a LONG latency before it kicks in. The orange circle indicating if it is on or off will turn on immediately, but it can take up to a few seconds before I can hear the Reverse/TTFX etc actually effect the audio.

The fact that the effect is visually turning on coupled with the fact that the line faders work fine normally controlling volume makes me suspect it's a computer/software problem (I'm on a 3 year old Macbook Pro 2ghz w/ 2gb of ram) but even my attempt at rolling back Traktor Pro 2.5 to 2.0.3 didn't work as I still experienced the same thing.

Any thoughts?

Tech Mentor

i believe the reverse and ttfx require 8 beats from turn on before activation

Thanks for the quick reply! Perhaps I'm missing something but Ean seems to be triggering the reverse instantly in the mapping walkthrough video at about :36 seconds in

Tech Mentor

you are indeed correct it does kick in right away in the video and also on my vci100 with 1.4 firmware running the v4.1 mapping within traktor 2.5.1, ive just had a play myself as dont really use the fader fx due to having a midi fighter and fx controls on my contour aswell

Anyone else have any ideas on what the problem might be?