Picking a DJ Name (Official Thread)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ name idea?

I was trying to find a better DJ name than my current one, zeddee. i tried goosebumps, (because when the music is good, you get goosebumps) but it was taken.(Sorry DJ goosebumps.)

I think that "Best Enjoyed Loud" sounds pretty cool.

Any thoughts on this name?

Quote Originally Posted by zeddee View Post
    I was trying to find a better DJ name than my current one, zeddee. i tried goosebumps, (because when the music is good, you get goosebumps) but it was taken.(Sorry DJ goosebumps.)

I think that "Best Enjoyed Loud" sounds pretty cool.

Any thoughts on this name?
    I would give a resounding no to all of the above, DJ Goosebumps, AND "best enjoyed loud".

It's very didactic, which is a word that describes a product name, or word that explains its' very usage or function in the name itself.

Another hypothetical (and very didactic) DJ name I've heard before: DJ Make you move.

Hypothetical didactic club name that I've heard: Big F*ckin' Speakers

The name "DJ Best Enjoyed Loud" is cumbersome and doesn't really have a flow. If there's no "DJ" ahead of it, well then it just sounds terribly ambiguous.

I think DJ Zeddee is better, but it might confuse people about how to pronounce or spell it. As in "does it have 2 E's at the end, or 2 D's? Is it one D and two E's?" and so on...

What about your own name? I can't use my own name because my last name is somewhat peculiar and really ethnic, but I've thought about using the name "TokenAsianGuy" because all throughout high school I only had Caucasian friends. I also thought about using a clever play on words like "Tokin' Asian Guy" cause I smoke the ganj.

Try to steer clear of what people call "Marketese" which is telling people it's the best product in the world, or that your name is DJ goosebumps, because that's what you'll give them. The consumer market is very jaded and skeptical, so chances are if you tell them you'll give them goosebumps, they won't believe it. A lot of people (myself included) would think "I don't need you to tell me if I'm going to get goosebumps. I'll be able to tell myself". Give it some thought, or even ask someone for help. Think about your characteristics or something that EVERYONE knows about you...I'm a fan of the clever DJ names, so I always try to think of some play on words, or even a variation of an existing product.

Here are some names that I think are clever:

Ellis Dee
    General Eclectic
    DJ Kim Jong Illin'

Weak DJ names:
    DJ Hyper
    Kenny Ken (I know he's a Jungle pioneer, and I love him, but I've always thought his name was weak. It's just like Marky Mark, Willy Will, Robby Rob, Billy Bill...And just about every other name. Oh, your name is Pat? Let's call you Patty Pat...It's just weak).
    Last edited by tokenasianguy; 07-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Best enjoyed loud is pretty good. But I would expect a top 40 set. What do you play mostly ?

EDIT: I know my opinion wasn't asked but if I saw TokenAsianGuy was playing I'd think "seriously...Wut ?"
    I'd go for Tokin' Token then.

Toke on bro.
    Last edited by MyUsername; 07-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Best enjoyed loud is pretty good. But I would expect a top 40 set. What do you play mostly ?

EDIT: I know my opinion wasn't asked but if I saw TokenAsianGuy was playing I'd think "seriously...Wut ?"
    I'd go for Tokin' Token then.

Toke on bro.
    lol. Duly noted.

Since I'm doing mostly mobile DJ'ing I don't use a name, but if I ever got back into the club scene "Tokin'" would be totally fine.

Bumps
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Kenny Ken!

When I say Kenny... You say Ken...

Bad as fuck
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Default DJ Name ideas

I need advice/ feedback please!

I was thinking DJ KQ which is my nickname or Mach 5 which i think sounds really cool.

Any other ideas/ feedback?f

Tech Student

I've just used my real name personally, but that's just because my name isn't really all that difficult to spell in English.

DJKQ is fine, though.
    kontrol S2 - traktor 2 pro - win7 ultimate
    http://facebook.com/djkylewindsor
    http://soundcloud.com/kylewindsor

any other ideas?

<--- I love Jaina Proudmoore & if i have some guts..i'll be using Ver Jaina

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast