DJ4Life Las Vegas

Default DJ4Life Las Vegas

has anyone heard anything about it? Good, Bad, whatever.

DJ schools are pointless you can learn a lot more from youtube and practising everyday will help you a lot more than one lesson can. if your thinking about doing this please dont you will waste your money.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

just curious in it thats all. wanted some experienced opinions also. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    DJ schools are pointless you can learn a lot more from youtube and practising everyday will help you a lot more than one lesson can. if your thinking about doing this please dont you will waste your money.
    please don´t give such an advise when your statement is based on preconception. there are a lot of dj schools out there that can help you way more in growing with your skills than a youtube vid could ever do.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

other suggestions and options would be great also!

you could also check out the dubspot´s online school. some big skilled people there with a big heart and a lot of knowledge to share. you can only grow!

http://www.dubspot.com/
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

I think learning the initial ropes through lessons is a good idea. You'll be on the right track quicker and will be able to get creative and enjoy it more sooner which can't be a bad thing.

Tech Mentor

I'm not saying DJ Schools aren't good, but I think it's important to learn your own style and create your own adaptions to what is already out there. A DJ School will teach what they know, and their way of doing things, which isn't such a bad thing, since the teachers are Professional's... But I think style is what sets a DJ apart from the rest of the crowd.
    13" MBP 2012 | 4 GB RAM | 2.4 GHz Intel i5
    Traktor Pro 2
    M-AUDIO Trigger Finger | Traktor Kontrol S2

Tech Wizard

I went to Scratch Lab in Toronto, I loved it and advanced quick, I would still be going if it was a little cheaper, its true you can teach yourself everything with youtube etc but for me, seeing someone perform a techneque in person, tell me in person and correct what I do, was a big help, its easy to create a bad technique when teaching yourself just depends what area of Djing you want to lean towards, everyones different, don't listen to someone say don't do it just because there are other methods out there to teach yourself, about 90% of everything else we learn in life is tought to us in person, its a faster learning curve if you can afford it imo also lesson don't teach you style they teach you technique, at least at scratch labs where I went it was pretty much all technique, you can't create a decent style without good technique.

i really appreciate the input. Im a pretty quick thinker and i got a S4 a few weeks back to get started and ive pretty much figured everything out on my own. Now that i understand what i does and is capible of i need to learn the details of everything and why things do what they do. Im gonna keep looking into lessons. I was hoping someone heard something about dj4life because thats one of the only things ive found in vegas and i cant find any kind of anything about them here. The Dj's that supposedly teach it , I cant find anything really on either. So that doesnt really help the matters of me wanting to go through them... Thanks Everyone!!