Tpro: Grids to a gate? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Perfect!

Cheers mate!

I will be a champ soon!

By the way greetings fellow psy guy!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

*OFF TOPIC*

Ahh.....a fellow Psy Guy!

What style you into then?
    I play the nighttime killers....aka Twilight. Usually at about 146BPM.

Damage, RAM and Twisted System are my favourites.
    All personal mates too!

Ya there some good stuff coming from SA these days. I got a shit load of psy but tend more toward the melodic goa side now. Working on a new mix at the moment actually.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

get a room.. erm... i mean a thread

So anyone try this technique for theirselves ?

I started playing around with it yesterday, but got distracted as usual. Mission for the day seeing as i got mondayskivingoffworkitis.

I just found my new favourite effect. You're right bento it does take some fiddling around but it definitely works. I haven't used mulholland drive much or at all but its producing some nice distortion effects. In combination with the gater it will definitely help with those dang grids.

Tech Mentor

yeah gridding is a must, I cant mix hardstyle properly without a super tight grid, makes beat jumping easier when all you have to do is snap loops and store as a cue with accuracy since your grid is tight. Never used the metronome, why do you do that? Im still lost on that part (its probably obvious). What ive been doing is set the grid and set cue points through the song with SNAP on and make sure it sounds right when I hot cue. yet Im always looking for an easier approach.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

I use the metronome when im setting the grids initially so i know that the track is gridding is perfectly in time with the master clock. If your allways using another track that you have gridded to get the sync right its possible to actually slowly go out of sync - if your a only a couple samples out every time you lay a new grid those samples will start to add up to the point that your grids can become out of phase to the first tracks that you gridded with.

The gater is awesome because you know that the gate effect is sample perfect on time to the master clock - this means that if you get your grid in phase with this gating effect that your music will allways be on time to the master clock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12