virtual audio cable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default virtual audio cable

anyone know how to set this programme up with traktor for streaming live?

been at it for hours and still getting no where!! tried reading the manual but it makes no sense lolz
    Last edited by Sean_Boy87; 08-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Run from record output to ur line in if u are using a external mixer. Or slit the master of ur controller/sound card. 1 to it speakers and 1 to ur line in. Either way it is better to hard wire it.

I have it. What exactly are you trying to do?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

well i am trying to get it set up for mixify to stream live .... dont have a clue what to do lol using traktor and my vci 400 ege with windows 7 64bit if thats any help to you smitten :P

And im guessing that issue is that mixify wont see the asio sound interface so you are trying to use VAC?

Tech Mentor

dam your good haha on mixify they said to use jackaudio eventually got that working to find out today that they are not supporting it now!!!

I spent weeks figuring out VAC to do some pretty f*cked up stuff with Ableton and Skype. The easiest answer is (as someone said earlier) to run a RAC-to-3.5mm jack from your VCI to the microphone input on your laptop. If however, you REALLY wanna do it with VAC - you should be able to. VAC allows you to do a couple of things. The first is to create virtual cables and then route sound to and from them. The 2nd is to route sound from one device to another. You should be able to create a virtual cable and then route the sound from the VCI asio interface to the VAC. On the Mixify side you should be able to just point it at the Virtual Cable. Is that what you have done so far?

Tech Mentor

well there the control panel which i have no clue about then there audio repeaters but there 2 of them dont know if i need to use them or not and which one to use ... not the best with computers as it is... bare with me help me.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dont have VAC infront of me so I am doing this from memory.

1. In the VAC control panel set it two cables. You dont want more cables than you need as they will add to latency issues.
    2. There are two kinds of repeaters. They both do the same thing in so much as they do the actual routing of the sound. There is a KS repeater and another one (I forget the name). One will work in some situations, the other will work will other situations. As to which on need to use - that will take come experimenting. Sorry I am not being more specific but Breaking Bad in on.
    3. The Repeater dialogs have an input and out put. Your input will be the VCI Audio Interface. Your output will be one of the Virtual Audio Cables.
    4. In Mixify you set your sound device as the Virtual Audio Cable.
    - The screenshot you sent me was too small to be of any use. If you can sent bigger ones showing the drop downs for the repeater inputs and outputs - I might be able to help more.
    - Shouldn't you be in bed by now?

Tech Mentor

yeah am going to bed shortly mate off on holiday just now i will give this a bash tomorrow should figure it now, thanks for your time smitten much appreciated mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast