Velcro NI Audio2DJ to laptop?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Velcro NI Audio2DJ to laptop?

Hey team-

I'm a happy NI Audio2DJ soundcard user, but I never know where to put the damn thing. Then it hit me: Just velcro it to the laptop screen! Thoughts?

Here's my setup: 17" laptop (too big, I know), VCI-100SE, NI Audio2DJ, and sometimes a WD passport external HD. If I had a laptop stand, I'd velcro it to that, or on the underside of the laptop, but I don't have a laptop stand.

thanks for your thoughts!

-TB

I got some audio dropouts from having to much USB exposed, so my solution was to keep it was close to the USB port (that it was plugged into) as possible.

I had a velco strap the kept the cable wound up except the most minimal amount that I needed to reach the USB port.

Tech Wizard

I hadn't thought about cable length causing data dropouts. Good call.

I've also found that the older drivers allowed lower latency with fewer (no) dropouts on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfish View Post
    I hadn't thought about cable length causing data dropouts. Good call.

I've also found that the older drivers allowed lower latency with fewer (no) dropouts on my system.
    Thanks, i'll look into that.

The other thing is that it might be possible that the laptop monitor could cause interference.

Tech Wizard

Ooooooh. I didn't consider that. I'll have to try it and see what happens. I'll report back on my findings.

Tech Wizard

Okay. Reporting back after testing the soundcard on the screen. With volume cranked all the way on the Audio2DJ, there was no noticeable distortion or interference from the laptop lcd. Now I'm considering putting my portable hard drive on the front, as well.

Tech Mentor

I usually throw mine into my mixer rack. If I spun at clubs, I guess I'd probably just lay it on the table... lol.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    I usually throw mine into my mixer rack. If I spun at clubs, I guess I'd probably just lay it on the table... lol.

I've done (shitty) gigs where there's literally only enough room for my laptop and the vci, and then my soundcard has to kind of sit awkwardly off to the side on another table/chair or something.

I used to have a laptop with a pcmcia slot, and the echo audio DJ card was AWESOME. I loved that thing. That all got stolen.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Genius - or is it?????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast