Trouble setting up XONE:K2 with ableton on a mac - Need help.
    Tech Convert

Default Trouble setting up XONE:K2 with ableton on a mac - Need help.

In a nutshell my problem is that the xone:k2 is not showing up in the controller surface section of midi sync in preferences. The K2 shows up in Output and Input and I can use it as a soundcard and it is sending midi signal to ableton, but it is not showing up in the controller surface, so it is not being fully utilized.

I had a similar problem with my akai MPKmini and figured it out after doing some research online, but I have been looking for 2+ hours on getting the K2 to show under controller surfaces and have had no luck.

I'm guessing that I need to manually put in the folder for the K2 in the midi remote scripts of the package contents of Live, but I am unsure where I can attain the proper files for making the K2 work properly. if someone has them, I would be incredibly appreciate if they could give them to me or give me the proper method of getting these files.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Poligician View Post
    In a nutshell my problem is that the xone:k2 is not showing up in the controller surface section of midi sync in preferences. The K2 shows up in Output and Input and I can use it as a soundcard and it is sending midi signal to ableton, but it is not showing up in the controller surface, so it is not being fully utilized.

I had a similar problem with my akai MPKmini and figured it out after doing some research online, but I have been looking for 2+ hours on getting the K2 to show under controller surfaces and have had no luck.

I'm guessing that I need to manually put in the folder for the K2 in the midi remote scripts of the package contents of Live, but I am unsure where I can attain the proper files for making the K2 work properly. if someone has them, I would be incredibly appreciate if they could give them to me or give me the proper method of getting these files.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.
    Did you install the drivers?
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Convert

I could be mistaken, but aren't the drivers for windows? Pretty sure you shouldn't have to install drivers on a mac. Can't run a .exe on a mac unless you've got windows installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Poligician View Post
    I could be mistaken, but aren't the drivers for windows? Pretty sure you shouldn't have to install drivers on a mac. Can't run a .exe on a mac unless you've got windows installed.
    Mac's still use drivers lol... they are just in a different format when you install them. .exe's don't run, but mac drivers will usually be in .dmg or .pkg files.

Tech Convert

I know. I mean for the K2 specifically. It says on the website that the K2 doesn't require any installation of drivers on a mac and there are no .dmg files on the disc that it came with.

I don't have a k2 so I don't know if it's required, but there is a firmware update for macos, http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Downlo...oductId=XoneK2

Also, if you're running a new macbook pro with usb 3.0, you may want to investigate compatibility between k2/usb3. Also, if you're on OS X mountain lion, it is unsupported with Allen and Heath devices at the moment.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by spiz View Post
    I don't have a k2 so I don't know if it's required, but there is a firmware update for macos, http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Downlo...oductId=XoneK2

Also, if you're running a new macbook pro with usb 3.0, you may want to investigate compatibility between k2/usb3. Also, if you're on OS X mountain lion, it is unsupported with Allen and Heath devices at the moment.
    I installed the firmware update. I have a macbook pro, but with usb 2.0 and I'm not running mountain lion. Everything should be compatible, just trying to figure out why it's not showing up in the controller surface area of midi sync in Ableton.

Oh, you probably need to download a mapping for it as it doesn't have a mapping included in ableton.

Google is your best bet as you'll find all the mappings are different.

http://xoneblog.allen-heath.com/?p=432
    https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179879

You will need add the mapping file in one of the resource folders for ableton, and can then select it as a control surface from your preference. The mappings should have a readme that will tell you exactly where.