Shouting out to Deckadance experts
    Tech Student

Default Shouting out to Deckadance experts

Hi,
    Quick question- I got Deckadance pro edition and external sound card (Sabrent 8 channel2.0 USB). Can I use the sound card to play different tracks on the output speakers and headphone (I am nt using external mixer)?? How do I map it in DD settings? Please reply.

I'm no expert at deckadance, but I have dabbled with it in the past. You should have no problem setting it up like this, depending on if your soundcard has enough outputs. Looking at it online I can't seem to find too much info, but it does say that it has a separate headphone output.

Ignore the external mixing image (the bottom one) and the inputs for now (unless you're using timecode??) and just concentrate on the outputs for internal mixing. Make sure that the dropdown menu labelled outputs at the top says external mixing. Make sure that the correct soundcard is selected on the left hand side (if it is an ASIO soundcard, make sure you have installed the ASIO driver). Then, plug in your headphones and external speakers, and just change the settings until you get the correct sound out of each.

Any more queries post back here and ill try and help in any way I can!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Student

Thanks for replying bro.
    I have tried the internal mixing option, selecting the directsound & Asio soundcards. The thing is, in this image I see 4 different lines coming outta 2 decks, while in my config I can see only 2 (left and right). Also in the output section here, there are 4 diff lines (2 of analof 3/4 and 2 of analog 1/2) but in my config I see only left and right again. How do I deal with that?? Also to clarify, can an external sound card and deckadance eliminate the need for an external mixer altogether??If my description isnt clear enuff I will post a screen shot of my config.

Tech Student

"Make sure that the dropdown menu labelled outputs at the top says external mixing."...err....shudnt it be internal mixing in my case??

Tech Student

I am attaching screen shots of various configs i tries (internal mixing,external soundcard). I suspect that I'm routing it wrong. Please have a look and give me the right push.

DD1.jpgdd2.jpgdd3.jpg