PC randomly crashes with blue screen when Traktor A10 is plugged in - HELP PLEASE! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    It sounds like some sort of driver conflict, haven't mucked around with windows for a long time.

These are some things I've googled for you but they're pretty much risk free as you're not uninstalling or modifying the registry.

You would boot into Setup (Bios) at bootup you should see a message to press a certain key to enter Setup, for many that is the Del key. Once in the Bios, look for Onboard Audio, using your Arrow key, choose to Disable it. If you cannot find it. then Boot the computer and go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager open the Sound, Video and Game Controller highlight the Audio Controller, Right click it and choose Disable
    I'd also disable the wireless, DVD, Bluetooth and everything else that Traktors not dependent on and then re-enable them be by one, taking note of pops and clcks and your buffer settings.

In the past I've had success with windows if you're careful of what you install, disable etc.
    I was reading this thread here and my other one on NI forum side by side, and came to realise that there's a post exactly the same, looked at the username!
    Ok, there's nothing in my BIOS to do with this, so to Device Manager. Errr, under "Sound, Video and Game Controller", I don't have audio controller, I haz; - Intel(R) Display Audio and - Realtek High Definition Audio". Disable both? DVD/CD ROM drive, webcam, Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet, and Broadcom SD Host Controller are all disabled. Dunno what else is safe to...

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    OR uninstall/disable all USB driver with USBDeView, reboot.

The Panic mode is caused by a USB 3 port, at least those I saw recently here and there.

Have you tried other USB port too?

What's your exact Laptop model, I'll have a look at this.
    I'll try USBDeView.
    Im only using/can use my two 2.0 ports. Both are terribly the same.
    Model number: Acer V3-571-52454G75
    with +4GB ram.

Thanks all.

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+Processing
    Good info there.
    Also, I have been looking at manuals with info about Troubleshooting.
    Last edited by 3K9; 08-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Tech Guru

Have you tried a different USB cable just to be sure?

Quote Originally Posted by llumley View Post
    Sell the PC, buy a mac. Problemo Solved....
    lol

Tech Guru

Windows can be stable but sometimes require tweaks rather good thing is that you're able to through bios and other methods, sometimes a bit more work than Mac

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Have you tried a different USB cable just to be sure?
    Daily update,

I changed it from the original cable to a random one. Using the original one, only X amount of USB I/O Errors came up, while this random one only detects Buffer Underruns. My results today are:

Tried v3.0.3 again today. =/ 4 times bluescreen with original cable! Then uninstalled, to v 3.0.2 back again from device manager. Rebooted. Then for: (the random cable)

- ~30min, no drop-outs detected!
    reset
    - ~30min, 5 buffer underruns detected
    reset
    - ~30min, 9 buffer underruns detected.
    reset,
    - ~30min, 1 buffer underruns detected.
    reset, switched to the original cable.
    - ~45min, no drop-outs detected!
    Exited Traktor, unplugged, back in.

Used USBDeView somewhere in between and uninstalled/disabled everything, rebooted.
    Then I realised that the audio display was on orange - internal soundcard. =/ That matters right? Changed to blue.

- ~30min, 1 USB I/O Error, 5 buffer underruns detected.
    reset
    - ~1hr, 1 USB I/O Error.

No bluescreen from any of them! Alternated between the two USB2.0 ports.
    Enough of this testing. Only proves that somehow it's improving. At least no more bluescreens, for now. Haven't finished tweaking yet. Downloaded an app called BlueScreenView, which lets you view precise info on every bluescreen! Slow progress I know, analysing my 19 bluescreens, and see what I the result is, using various resources. Sooo much reading to do!
    Last edited by 3K9; 08-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.

It has been running fine in the past day, with just one bluescreen, and another one randomly today when I opened my laptop from putting it in sleep mode. The thing is, should I take the risk (low) and keep fine tuning my laptop for audio processing, or should I return it, as I have 7 days to refund it, and today is the last day? I have just over 1hr to decide as it takes me around 45min to get the DJ Store which closes soon.
    The problem is the compatibility !

Also the latency line switch under audio setup isn't working.
    Last edited by 3K9; 08-08-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3K9 View Post
    It has been running fine in the past day, with just one bluescreen, and another one randomly today when I opened my laptop from putting it in sleep mode. The thing is, should I take the risk (low) and keep fine tuning my laptop for audio processing, or should I return it, as I have 7 days to refund it, and today is the last day? I have just over 1hr to decide as it takes me around 45min to get the DJ Store which closes soon.
    The problem is the compatibility !

Also the latency line switch under audio setup isn't working.

So what did you do then?
    I have a audio 6 soundcard and I also have lots of bluescreens. I'm starting to panic, cause in one month I have to play at a big gig and I don't wnt to fail, caused by software troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass lane View Post
    So what did you do then?
    I have a audio 6 soundcard and I also have lots of bluescreens. I'm starting to panic, cause in one month I have to play at a big gig and I don't wnt to fail, caused by software troubles.
    Blue screens can be caused by viruses and things that shouldn't be on your PC. Make sure all your drivers are up to date and stuff, but I would disk clean up then defrag and clean up your comp for starters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12