PC randomly crashes with blue screen when Traktor A10 is plugged in - HELP PLEASE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PC randomly crashes with blue screen when Traktor A10 is plugged in - HELP PLEASE!

Hey everybody,

Just got Traktor Scratch A10 two days ago. I dunno why I paid the extra hundred dollars for the soundcard! I don't really need it, cos CDJ-400s has inbuilt USB HID/MIDI control interface and sound card. =/ But anyways, during the past 2 days, I've been bluescreened around 10 times at random times with Traktor Scratch running and/or A10 plugged in, once to twice without using any Traktor. I've been looking on forums to fix this.

This guy here >http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=162143 < is having a similar problem as me.
    Im running a new laptop with Intel Core i5-2450M ~3.1GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB nVidia GT640M graphics, Windows 7 OS, 64-bit OS.
    Also, this extract from Audio 10's manual:

"8.2 How to Check Whether the TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 Drivers are
    Installed Correctly
    Windows*
    Open Start > All Programs > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 Driver."

Currently, mine is: "All Programs > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR AUDIO 10", without the word 'Driver'. Is that something that I should be worrying about? Because if the A10 driver isn't installed properly, then its not gonna work right?
    I've updated everything, well, I think I have. I've uninstalled and installed both Scratch Pro and Audio 10 numerous times, ain't working.
    I know that A10 can only be plugged into USB2.0 ports.

Help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance, yo!
    Last edited by 3K9; 08-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Tech Guru

Try downloading the latest driver from NI support site and re-run the installation. Reboot and try again.

Sell the PC, buy a mac. Problemo Solved....

Tech Mentor

this happened when i got my A4.. after a week of trying to fix it and many tickets to NI i still could not fix it got a mac and all was good...
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Are you sure it's the TA10 fault?

Make sure you haven't connect it to a USB 3 port first... try another port just in case.

If the driver UPGRADE doesn't work... do a DOWNGRADE.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 3K9 View Post
    mine is: "All Programs > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR AUDIO 10", without the word 'Driver'. Is that something that I should be worrying about?
    most likely cause is you have a different driver version installed. I had problems on my Acer too when installing Reloop Contour IE, uninstalled drivers through device manager, right click the device, select uninstall drivers and also check delete drivers. then reinstall from scratch, then check for updates.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Thanks DJKeyWee! And so I uninstalled version 3.0.3 and installed version 3.0.2. Been leaving Traktor Scratch and A10 connected on the laptop for most of today. Much better, but the processing state keeps going to panic mode. "driver stopped streaming. Too many USB I/O errors occurred in the interface communication." And so just then I unplugged then plugged A10 back in, then the blue screen appeared. How can avoid this panic mode? *Looking up now..."
    Apparently, v3.0.3 fixes this problem: (3rd point)
    http://co.native-instruments.com/?id...update_id=2281
    What should I do?
    Last edited by 3K9; 08-05-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Tech Guru

It sounds like some sort of driver conflict, haven't mucked around with windows for a long time.

These are some things I've googled for you but they're pretty much risk free as you're not uninstalling or modifying the registry.

You would boot into Setup (Bios) at bootup you should see a message to press a certain key to enter Setup, for many that is the Del key. Once in the Bios, look for Onboard Audio, using your Arrow key, choose to Disable it. If you cannot find it. then Boot the computer and go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager open the Sound, Video and Game Controller highlight the Audio Controller, Right click it and choose Disable
    I'd also disable the wireless, DVD, Bluetooth and everything else that Traktors not dependent on and then re-enable them be by one, taking note of pops and clcks and your buffer settings.

In the past I've had success with windows if you're careful of what you install, disable etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    It sounds like some sort of driver conflict, haven't mucked around with windows for a long time.

These are some things I've googled for you but they're pretty much risk free as you're not uninstalling or modifying the registry.

You would boot into Setup (Bios) at bootup you should see a message to press a certain key to enter Setup, for many that is the Del key. Once in the Bios, look for Onboard Audio, using your Arrow key, choose to Disable it. If you cannot find it. then Boot the computer and go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager open the Sound, Video and Game Controller highlight the Audio Controller, Right click it and choose Disable
    I'd also disable the wireless, DVD, Bluetooth and everything else that Traktors not dependent on and then re-enable them be by one, taking note of pops and clcks and your buffer settings.

In the past I've had success with windows if you're careful of what you install, disable etc.
    you can run this in a batch file using devcon from Microsoft

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

OR uninstall/disable all USB driver with USBDeView, reboot.

The Panic mode is caused by a USB 3 port, at least those I saw recently here and there.

Have you tried other USB port too?

What's your exact Laptop model, I'll have a look at this.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast