Switching from timecode to DJing with X1's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Switching from timecode to DJing with X1's

I'm making the switch to ditching timecode and djing solely with an X1 and a mixer. Anyone have any suggestions or tips? The most odd thing i find is trying to get my head around beatmatching with an X1 if there is a dj before me...

use the tempo change buttons below the loop controls, i believe its a shift+ function (this is if you are using the stock mapping) but easy enough to do, once its in the same BPM then just cue where you want the track to start wait for phase change start the track then fade in...profit?

This is the exact setup I just switched to actually! I use a single X1 with a Xone 92 for my home setup, and just use the x1 plus the club mixer when playing out. If you have all your tracks beatgridded, then sync is a perfectly suitable option. To beatmatch out of a previous or following DJ then just make sure you have a tempo control mapped. I have shift + the loop rotaries mapped to act like tempo sliders. I also have tempo bend buttons mapped. Essentially replacing sliders and jogwheels with rotaries and buttons.

There's always the option of not having to beatmatch anything and doing an echo/freeze transition if you want to get out of the track quick.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

you could use intro tracks and filler tracks like matadors- tonetool
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Ive mapped my tempo buttons to be fine adjustments and large adjustments with shift on. And I have separate tempo bend buttons.

Not as good as jogs and long tempo sliders but when you end up using sync 90% of the time with a little phase nudging its perfectly fine.

Get into mapping and turn x1 into what you want.

Btw x1 & mixer is my favourite way to mix after vinyl
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Its possible but not worth the hassle imo. just do a soft mix
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I would buy a second X1. I'm currently using a mixer and 2 X1s and i have the pitch faders in Traktor mapped to two of the fx knobs on my second X1. Works amazingly for this exact situation. Good luck with whatever you decide on!

Thanks for the replies everyone. That helped.

Or if you absolutely positively can't remap some of the buttons to give you more control over the pitch, you can always create a midi mapping with control over the pitch faders to give you an extra temporary layer of control.
    Something like playlist scroll knob = coarse pitch fader movement and loop knob = fine pitch fader movement. and map some of the buttons next to that for pitch bends...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast