Need help with a desk
    Tech Guru

Default Need help with a desk

Hey everyone I just found an unreal desk from Walmart of all places. $100 and the depth perfectly fits 2 1200's in battle position, a djm t1 with a kontrol f1 beside it. Now my plan was to double it as a stand up djing desk and also a sit down production desk. I was hoping to install my own sliding keyboard stand but I'm not sure where I'd get parts for that. Anyone have any ideas. here is a picture of my current desk and the other desk that I'm trying to modelImageUploadedByTapatalk1344065531.986187.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344065565.871692.jpg

Tech Guru

Also I'd recommend this wal mart desk to anyone on a budget, and literally no other custom work required. About the only thing I could see bugging people is it stands at 33" inches high. I'm only 5'7 so for you taller guys you'd probably need to raise the height with another platform on top

Tech Wizard

Take a look at ikea for the sliding keyboard tray.

Also, I would take your one and save yourself some cash over the walmart one, I don't fancy it at all.

Tech Wizard

Also, take a look at the following ikea parts, not sure about prices from where you are, but here in aus. its CHEAP.

Vika Amon - $20au
    4 legs - $20au
    Angled capita legs - $35
    Laptop Stand (Cant recall name for this bit of wood!) - $5.

Nice table with raised laptop stand for 80?
    Such a win.

You might be able to get some ideas from Ikea Hackers

Check this hacked DJ console

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2009/02/hack-dj-console.html