Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro Adjustment time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro Adjustment time

So I'm thinking about finally upgrading as I have some time to get adjusted now . I just wanted to see how long it took you guys to get used to Pro coming from 3 ?

from startup till i got all routing setup, maybe 10 minutes,
    figuring out how i wanted my mapping and get it done and working, a few hours
    try to have an idea of what u want to do in TPro, and how u wanna do it and what u have to control it with.
    for me it was pretty straightforward with my otus as the main unit for decks a and b, and adding an xp10 for additional controll over decks c and d, it was quite easy to have everything mapped and at easy acces 4 full controll

so for me the transition took a day or 2, but i was quite clear about how i wanted everything, and most of the time was just about getting it to work

so make a plan
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    So I'm thinking about finally upgrading as I have some time to get adjusted now . I just wanted to see how long it took you guys to get used to Pro coming from 3 ?
    The biggest issue for most people has been 'workflow' .
    No current playlist / no add next/previous and other browser issues.
    Just workflow things that you may have got used to in T3 but honestly , it depends on the kind of DJ is these things have any impact anyway.
    No Internal mixer options in external Mixer mode is a bitch.

These issues were the hardest to overcome after T3. but all are fixed in Version1.2

TPRO seemed very intuitive straight away. In fact some elements seemed to make sense immediately and made me think "why the hell wasnt T3 like this". This is coming from a guy who ADORES T3, i mean i actually didnt want TPro to come out at first. Despite having used Traktor since Version 1 , T3 is still my "first love" Dj program (that sounds so ghey).

TPRO:
    FX = fucking awesome
    Stability = ditto
    Gui = ditto
    Timestretching (keylock) = ditto
    Workflow = a work in progress but resolved in v1.2

I think the actual 'physical' operation of Pro is a pretty easy step. You just have to be aware that some things are not the same as in T3 but hey, what would be the point of PRO if it was just T3 plus. TSP is not T4.

Also transferring your T3 collection and playlists is a piece of piss. (English phrase meaning very easy)
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 06-12-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks Karlos . I'm gonna upgrade this week .

It took me ages actually as i was so used to T3.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    It took me ages actually as i was so used to T3.
    I actually never got used to T3 . I feel like it lost something with the upgrade from 2 to 3 . I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it was but T3 just never felt as intuitive as T2 for me at least .

Yeah im certainly not saying its instant and that you can swap in a weekend. I took way longer but as mentioned by other1 you need a plan and you need to just get to it.

I spent 1 day faffing around with new FX before i realised i knew nothing about the interface or the browser. Once you get over the 'bells and whistles' you need some serious time trying emulate what you did in T3 and also realise that you cant do all the T3 things the same. It actually makes you look at things differently . Ive learnt that i had some very bad habits in T3 that ive overcome with Pro.

Just a learning curve thats all , but a damn interesting learning curve.

Traktor 3 RIP. How i shall miss thee punch and reverse features
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah i hear ya mate.

There is a good workaround for the punch using that RainerH has devised but alas the reverse is still an issue.

what? no reverse? so no TPro for me in a long while!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast