Who else hates the 2.5.1 timecode lead in "fix?'

Default Who else hates the 2.5.1 timecode lead in "fix?'

I can't stand how, when my needle gets to the end and it switches into temporary internal mode, I have to be careful not to drop the needle at the beginning of the record. I was playing a gig and accidentally dropped the needle to far out (used to doing this with 2.5) and the track jumped to before the beginning. I don't even know what the point of "lead in" is and why there doesn't seem to be an option to disable it. Obviously I use relative mode...
    Last edited by DJ SB; 08-05-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: cuz i type like an idiot

Tech Mentor

Simple solution, don't drop your needle anywhere near the lead-in.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

What you described sounds like "switch to absolute on lead-in" which I understood was broken in 2.5 (didn't use that version), so I figured it got turned back on by the 2.5.1 update regardless.
    I normally use this, so I went ahead and disabled it... and lo and behold it still restarted the track from the lead-in even without the absolute mode being enabled whatsoever.
    Weird.

So I loaded up 2.1.2 which i'd been using till then, disabled "switch to absolute on lead-in" and guess what - it still behaves like that as well.

I thought it was maybe due to me having load markers at the beginning of every tune and having loading>"initially cue to load marker" but, no, that's not it either.
    Tried a track with no hotcues, still happening.
    Tried with both mk1 and mk2 records and it's still happening.

Makes me think dropping in the lead-in always takes you back - period. It's just maybe more obvious if you're on mk2 records since the lead-in is larger on the 10min side.

From which version did you upgrade? I've been on the 2.X branch since the beginning so I can't remember if it worked as you expected on 1.2.7. I don't really feel it ever worked differently in TSP.

"Dropping needle into lead-in now again jumps to start of track"
    Sounds like it was just broken in 2.5.0 ...
    Last edited by bumtsch; 08-06-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Yup in 2.5.0 I could drop the needle anywhere including the lead in and it would not bring the track back to the lead in.

Tech Convert

Finally, I got this feature back!! (yes, I did like using this to go back after checking my gains instead of reaching for my laptop)

I just use hot cues on my x1... I need this "feature" gone, or to at least be a timecode option.