Preview of our homebrewed controllers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Preview of our homebrewed controllers

After a few weeks of work we are now almost finished with our first controller builds.

They are based on the Teensy++2.0
    Built together with johansked here on the forum.

One is Midifighterish and one is a two channel mixer with some buttons for basic stuff. Mappings are not done yet. But there will be multiple layers in firmware so squeezing in loads of stuff should be doable.

Hope you like it!

//Joel

Last edited by tekki; 08-08-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Full sized teh thumbnails

Tech Wizard

BTW, since this is our first build we've tried to keep it simple.

If there is enough interest to have another go there will be metal faceplates and wooden cases. And of course new interesting layouts!

Cheers

Tech Wizard

Quick initial mapping made for mixxx and everything seems to work well apart from encoders. Not sure I set them up right in mixxx though. They seem to work in traktor.

Cheers

Tech Guru

Candy controllers looks like a sweets shop!

Nice, looking forward to see the final product!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

that mixer style controller is very interesting, cant wait to see how you map it
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiK View Post
    Quick initial mapping made for mixxx and everything seems to work well apart from encoders. Not sure I set them up right in mixxx though. They seem to work in traktor.

Cheers
    nice controllers if you're not using javascript scripting then you probably need something like this within your <control> mapping tags to tell mixxx it's an encoder spread equally each side of the middle value, which i presume your encoders are:

Code:
        <options>
            <Spread64 />
        </options>
    more info here: http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/midi_...ng_file_format
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

when you started this project, did you had any programming experience
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Not sure why it's so huge, but it's nice.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    when you started this project, did you had any programming experience
    Well you can say that we have two different roles. Joel is the hardware "expert" and I am the software "expert". My coding background is mostly in java and matlab. I have also done som html, perl (I am study bioinformatics), sql and just a little C. So I have some experience but not that much I think, expecially not in C (but it is not that different from java).

The tough part about programming is understanding the logics since it is kinda different then for example math. There is actually a study going on here in Uppsala about why people have such a hard time learing to program. It is gonna be interesting to see the results from this study

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast