Is it possible to be less US centered
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is it possible to be less US centered

Dear all,

I enjoy reading DJTT articles. I like the fact that it exists. However, as a Dutch guy I sometimes are a bit repulsed by the Americanized style of the site. For two reasons:

1) The gear discussed is mostrly stuff you use in the USA. Looking around in Europe, there are differences. I think you guys could appeal to a broader range of readers if The S4 is not the centerpiece of all discussions.

The latest article about modularity completely omits the A&H Xone series. These units are immensely popular here and in many ways the godfathers of the modular controllers to place between your mixer and your deck. I own a 4D and have seen at least a dozen on stage against one S4. Mind you a 4D has 22 channels of USB audio. Yes it's aged, but it is maybe the most used professional controller on stage.

Generally, what interests me is obscure, new, exciting things.

2) The commercial entanglement is a bit too obvious for European taste. We are a lot more "sensitive" when it comes to this stuff. A "Buy" link after every mention of products you sell? Seriously? If I want one, I find out where to get one.
    Last edited by boarderbas; 08-06-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Mentor

Really is there any other country oter than America??

I would really like to see a Europe-based counterpart for DJTT, mentioning more Euro stuff, indeed. But maybe it'll come, one day.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

My feel is that Americans are more appealed to things stuffed in an easy to use, ready out of the box, commercial format. I see a lot of "tweaks" on otherwise very pre-defined gear. If you take a look at any A&H midi controller (or most behringer for that matter as many others), notice that there is NO print on any button. It provides only the platform and lets you use it the way you want to use it.

America, FUCK YEAH!
    Coming again, to save the mother fucking day yeah,
    America, FUCK YEAH!
    Freedom is the only way yeah,
    Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer to
    America, FUCK YEAH!
    So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
    America, FUCK YEAH!

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Bahahaha

Well, let's not try to roast the American dream.

It's not necessarily bad, it's just different. I was hoping to raise a bit of awareness @ DJTT and maybe take the time to get some articles out that would appeal to the "European" taste. I'd recommend the staff of DJTT to go to Ozora festival, Vuuv, Stubnitz, Kazantip or some Berlin underground party and get a feel for what's happening here. If i'm not mistaken, just a few years ago, anything now known as Techno, Progressive, House or Trance was called "Eurotrance" by the uninitiated US listener.

Phil Morse / DigitalDJTips.com is in Spain. He (they?) use the ads/partner links to support themselves as well as UNICEF.

It's honestly never occurred to me that someone with different sensibilities might find the 'buy' links to be abrasive.

you made good points - and I updated the article a bit. it's worth mentioning that we would love to have more european writers on staff that reflect the perspective of our entire community. if you know of anyone that is great- please send them my way!

I totally disagree, i'm dutch too.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast