VCI-400 & MF3D & Multiple Controllers w/ Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 & MF3D & Multiple Controllers w/ Traktor

Hey all,

I just switched from an S4 to the 400 and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to get multiple controllers with different mappings working together.

My issue is that I will import the VCI400 EGE mapping and everything will work (minus all the little calibration tweaks and tricks you have to do to get it fully functional) and then when I go to import the .tsi for the MF3D it will override the VCI settings and mapping. OK fine that's great.

So then what I try is to import the VCI mapping first via the large import button, and then go in to controller manager through the Add>Import menu and import the MF3D .tsi file. After I do this, things are buggy but the basic controls seem to work. What doesn't work are the motion controls on the 3d and various other combo style effects.

It seems that there are some conflicts between the two configs, and I was wondering if anyone had any combo mappings or tricks to get it all functioning correctly. Or is there a specific method or order I should use to import the mappings???

I'm loving the new hardware and the drop in CPU load with the VCI, but man has it been a PITA to get set up compared to S4s and S2s.
    Last edited by busybrain; 08-25-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: need to specify EGE

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Try importing MF3D tsi first but only effects and other preferences and settings. Do it from bigger import. Then load your VCI tsi the same way but without those settings you loaded for MF3D. Now add MF3D from add tab like you did before.

Tech Student

flashflooder had this setup on one of their Ustreams....it was pretty cool!
    i'm not sure what mapping he used tho...

Tech Convert

Tried it as you suggested Stewe and no luck. Considering these two items are supposed to be the flagship products from DJTT, there should be a set up guide or mapping for both of them together. I'll play around with it some more and see what I can come up with, but it would really help if anyone knew how to easily resolve this.

Tech Convert

Also, I just realized I didn't specify that this is a VCI-400 EGE.

Here is a link to thread where you can look for flashflooder. I believe he created both of mappings for VCI-400 EGE and MF3D if you are using DJTT custom mappings so he is right man to ask for advice.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=53141

Tech Convert

Thanks Stewe, I'll look him up and see if I can make any progress while I wait for a response.

i just replied to busybrain via email and think his issues have to do with both mappings being set to all ports. thats my guess at least because it sounds like he's getting the mf3d to do things that aren't in the mapping leading me to believe the vci-400 mapping is reading the mf3d data since it's likely reading from All Ports.

also, it's really difficult for me to follow so many forum threads these days so if you need to get hold of me for any critical mapping questions, its best to pm me, send a support ticket, or comment on the maps page. you could also email me but those other methods are better.

as for what i have been using on ustream, i'm using an in progress edit of my VCI-400SE (Flashflooder Edit) mapping and an edit of the MF3D DeckGratMotion mapping. i edited some of the effects and changed the beatmasher in the mf3d to be fx1-1 to match the vci-400se beatmasher effects. i plan on finalizing these edits soon and then releasing them on maps for anyone that's interested. if anyone'es dying to try these out i can send them but i don't have time to explain the slightly buggy areas and what the changes are or make any videos or layouts explaining it so yeah.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Convert

Flashflooder rules!!!

It's all working now.

The process i went through to get it working is as follows:

1. Import Flashflooders 400SE mapping using the Big Button twice.
    2. Import the MF3D mapping of your choosing using the small button.
    3. Go into Controller Manager within preferences, select your VCI-400 in the drop down, then make sure that IN and OUT are set to VCI-400.
    4. Within Controller Manager then select the MF3D from the drop down, then make sure IN and OUT are set to MF3D.

Thanks again FF!!!!!

My new favorite set up is the VCI-400SE Flashflooder Edit combined with Ean's new Jam On It mapping for the 3D. Sooooo many possibilities now...now to go play.

All good! That was so obviously that I couldn't see three from a forest.

Have fun!