Need Help For My First "Show"

Default Need Help For My First "Show"

Hey guys

So one of my buddies contacted me a few days ago and a few local aritsts from surrounding high schools will be playin together at a local venue, and he asked me if I was interested. I definitely am, I am just not sure on how I really should perform my music. This being it's not "dance" music, they're hip hop beats. When I think of performing my music, I think the best place for me to start is to do something similar to what artists like Jonwayne and SAMIYAM do. All they do is run an SP-404 and play the songs from that. However, I don't own an SP-404. I own ableton , a Novation Launchpad and a MPD32. Now i know there are more advanced performance techniques within ableton (obviously) but seeing as the show is coming up soon, I really dont want to over compicate things for my first performance. SO basically what I'm asking is, what would be the best way to simulate what is being done in the video down below (around 5:15-5:25 ), using what I have in ableton. Again I know there is more advanced, better sounding techniques, but for my first show i just wanna keep it simple.

Any help is greatly appreaciated

thanks in advance

put on your headphones close your eyes and do what you do in your bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    put on your headphones close your eyes and do what you do in your bedroom
    +1

Relax, do your thing and have fun!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Here is the thing, none of us can really tell you what to do except to say....just do you. If you don't know what it is that you do, then maybe you aren't ready to perform yet....

Um, I really don't want this to come across as rude, and I didn't watch but a few parts of the video, but if you don't know how to get that kind of mixing out of Ableton and the Launch Pad and with that kind of quality in the video (which, to be honest, I don't think is anything special), then forget the gig and practice.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.