speakers opinion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default speakers opinion

Hey

so am i thinking about buying this setup for house partys. i maining play dubstep so the bass is needed

2 BEHRINGER B1800D Pro subs https://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-PK-B815NEO

2 BEHRINGER B815NEO speakers https://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-B1800D

for $2700

including stands and delivery

what ya think?

please feel free to post something you feel is better for the buck =D

Tech Mentor

Junk! Buy something better secondhand. Or save up a bit more.

Tech Convert

what would you suggest? i got a about 4k to spend

Tech Mentor

RCF, QSC, Turbosound, Yahmaha, JBL, . If you are in Melbourne go to Factory Sound or Soundcorp for the best advise and deals. Do some listening before you buy mate. Take your music with you on a CD or Ipod. If you go to astore that dosn't have time to demo anything simply walk out. No one should drop $4k+ just because some sales shit head said something was good.

Tech Mentor

I just looked at the spec sheet for the Behringers you posted. The watts are advertised in Peak. Always look at the RMS figure and the SPL. More importantly the THD is 1%. This is terrible. A THD of 0.05 or less is what you want. Even at 850W RMS total the SPL should be above 130dB.They have done the measurement at half space which also a dodge on the figures. Watts ain't every thing when it comes to loudspeakers. You will find also that cheap gear often has dodgy figures in there spec sheets. Behringer is one of them. That's why there is always a disclaimer on the spec sheet. I also noticed the sub has no THD rating which means it's too terrible to advertise.

Don't forget you may want to move whatever you buy on and upgrade or whatever. You will get fuck all money back for anything with Behringer written on it. Anyway good luck mate
    Last edited by audiolive; 08-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Tech Wizard

ElectroVoice Live X series is cheap and sounds way better than jbl/mackie. They are also super reliable with a killer warranty if something does happen! I recommend two elx115p and two elx118p's. very modular and versatile also.

Tech Wizard

how big is your house party?? LOL.. if its only for house party even for 100 ppl, you dont really need the sub.. unlesh you do wedding or event then you need it. Don't buy Behringer. its a toy.. My choices are Electrovoice x-live series (elx115p) QSC K series (K-10, K-12, or the the KW series) or JBL (its alot of choices from JBL. the just have couple new line)

I actually heard and compared 3 of them, between ev elx 112, qsc k-12 and Jbl prx series (i forget which one, i think is prx115) at guitar center and personally i like the qsc K-12 better. ev elx 112 dont have processor inside, so its flat.. so depend on your mixer and quality of your music. but for me its just flat.. you need some kind of processor to make it better..
    JBL its quite nice. have the wood box, so have the warm sound, price is little bit more than qsc.
    but i heard the ne line of qsc which is the kw series is better than the jbl.. bcoz the box is mad from wood also..

so its all depend on you.. i suggest you go to local music store and compare them..
    overall, i still like QSC, if you looking for best price, go with electro voice, if you want to go to "next level', consider the new JBL series or the ne qsc series.. try to look out for another series from electro voice.. i bet they better than elx series.

and for house party, you don' really need the sub.. but get the 12" or 15" speakers.. so they have bass also.. and dont get it wrong, even though I'm not familiar with dubstep, high frequency is important also.. dubstep have alot of high frequency distortion. and you dont want the "wop wop wop" sound harsh.
    and if you really ensist to have the sub, go with a smaller speaker like 10" or 12".. so your speaker can have a clean mid and high.. and for me, 1 sub is more than enough..
    buying a 2 best speaker is best than buying 2 regular speaker and subs. bcoz is you just buy regular speaker, next 6 month you gonna want more and you endup selling what you have and lost alot of money from that..
    I'm not a professional, but i know what i'm talking about and my ear is trained and picky

Tech Convert

the Eurolive seies from BEHRINGER worked for me

Tech Mentor

They would work for me too in a camp fire

Tech Convert

well i have done a lil more research and i came up with this

2 ELECTRO-VOICE - ELX215 - DUAL 15 LIVE X TWO-WAY LOUDSPEAKER http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELECTRO-V...3ee0e8908#shId

1 ELECTRO-VOICE ELX118P EV LIVE X POWERED 18" PA SUBWOOFER http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELECTRO-V...ht_2978wt_1139

orrrr

2 ELECTRO-VOICE ELX115P EV 15" LIVE X" TWO-WAY POWERED SPEAKER http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELECTRO-V...ht_2942wt_1139

and the sub =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast