Need some advice
    Tech Student

Default Need some advice

Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy an small midi drumpad, but I don't know which one I should choose..
    My price range is from about 0 - 100 Euro's. With a bit of luck I can afford a Novation Launchpad, but I don't think that is going to happen...
    I was thinking about a Akai LPD8 or a Korg Nanopad or Nanopad2. But then I read some reviews. Is the Nanopad2 really that bad??

if you´re just trying to get you feet wet, i´d suggest you to look either for the lpd8 or something used on ebay.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Student

Hey guys. wanted to buy my first dj controller. going to be using traktor and have about R4000 to spend anythoughts on what would be best. i was thinking of the hercules 4mx or the traktor kontrol s2? anyadvice?

Tech Convert

try out some thing at your local store and see whjaty works best

Nanopads are nice but a little bit small and might not last that long with extensive touring. Korg PadKontrols are nice.

None of them are "BAD" - they all work. Just buy some gear and have some fun. If you manage to use it until it breaks, you deserve congratulations. Just don't waste time on a forum when you could be banging those pads!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I have been disappointed with Akai mid and lower end drum pads. They are all so stiff and you have to bang them so hard you hear the pounding more than the actual sound. Maybe they are better now, but only the high end MPCs have decent pads when it comes to Akai.

Definitely check one out before buying if you can.

Some people don't mind it and some do, so read the reviews and you'll see what I mean.

The Korg PadKontrol has a square touch area unlike many others, i.e. you hit the pad on the side and it triggers sound. Kind of important me thinks.

ebay is your friend... also midi is midi, kind of hard to mess that up by now if the buttons are comfy and it works, what more do you need...