DJ Soundcards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Soundcards

Default DJ Soundcards

Ive got a question about 4-deck DJ soundcards to connect a analog mixer (like Xone 42) to Traktor.
    Is there any other soundcard except the A10, with almost same quality? Or even better/worse?
    I know there is this Motu ultralite soundcard - which costs about same price as A10 but should offer a higher soundquality and even more connectivity (though through 6.4mm (1/4") jacks).

Are there any other good cards? If yes - which/how much/how good/worth it?/better than A10/worse?

Additional hint: I only need to connect my pc via usb to a 4 channel mixer...thats it. no need for a mic IN etc.

It's definitely possible to go higher quality in terms of audio/digital and digital / audio conversion.Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/8hzpk4l

Motu, which you mentioned, does make some great stuff. I recently performed using some of their cards and mic preamps.
    Last edited by botstein; 08-08-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I left out some words.

And are there any worthy cards for less money? 4 decks support needed

There's a huge gap in the market at the moment for a soundcard with just 4 stereo outputs. Someone really needs to come along and release something. The A10 costs *WAY* too much to be considered for just outputting 4 stereo channels of audio to a mixer...

it's not out yet, but maybe the Behringer Firepower FCA610 would be a suitable solution. 8 mono outputs on 1/4" jacks. They are balanced though- can you run balanced outputs into the unbalanced inputs on a DJ mixer?
    Downside is that if you hook it up with USB rather than firewire it requires a power supply. I think. Not entirely sure on this one.

Guess we will have to wait for the reviews.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

depends is this for bedroom or gigs. for bedroom use i would shell out for a rackmount firewire series from presonus amazing quality and not that expensive... if you want something small and portable check out the focusrite saffires.

i have used and owned both the firepod and the saffire 6 (get the model with more outputs) and both have great preamps sound quality and both are built like tanks

I also recommend Focusrite Saffires. The Pro 14 FW you could get for just above $200 which is a steal me thinks.

As a bonus, the few times I've contacted FocusRite support, they respond back with something technically reasonable within 24 hours.

PS: Actually the weakest part in Focusrite Saffires is their MixControl SW, it's so powerful that my brain starts to bleed when I use it. I told them to make DJ centric default templates to help out the initial setup.
    Last edited by ksandvik; 08-09-2012 at 02:20 AM.

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Gigaport seems to be nice. one question more: is this 1/4 jack good converted to chinch? like - no soundquality loss etc?
    if im gonna use mono 1/4 to RCA cableadaptor?

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    ... if you want something small and portable check out the focusrite saffires.
    .............. firepod and the saffire 6 (get the model with more outputs) and both have great preamps sound quality and both are built like tanks
    Yes ... soild!

Saffire 6 = not enough outputs + it's USB 1.1 so you get noticeable latency even with the tiniest of buffers. Cue point playing etc will not be possible.

Yes you can have a 1/4" jack to RCA cable with no loss of quality. At least no more than any other cable.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast