Single - DJ Hipnotikk - Off The Map (DnB)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Single - DJ Hipnotikk - Off The Map (DnB)

waited a little bit to post this up, just because seems like i've been posting a lot in this section lately, not trying to flood it :P pretty happy with the way this came out, finally employed some much needed mastering techniques onto this track and it ended up sounding pretty good. feel free to rmx this, i'd love to see another take on this. i myself actually have a dubstep edition of this song in mind. hope you all enjoy it!

forgot to post the link HA

http://www.indydesigns.net/music/DJH.../offthemap.mp3
    Last edited by djhipnotikk; 06-14-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I like ur track dude. will give it a blast on the stereo later to do it justice.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

thanks man, you're always showin love

uh, really like your track!!

trying to make some tracks of my own, but i'm kinda struggling a lot... would you mind to share how you mastered your track? that and making big energy build ups and fat drops seem to be my biggest problems - but that's what dnb is all about

while listening to your tune i thought maybe a breakdown would be good... a real breakdown (meaning nearly no instruments in it, mostly sound fx or something) - i think it would give your drop a little bit of an energy boost...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    uh, really like your track!!

trying to make some tracks of my own, but i'm kinda struggling a lot... would you mind to share how you mastered your track? that and making big energy build ups and fat drops seem to be my biggest problems - but that's what dnb is all about

while listening to your tune i thought maybe a breakdown would be good... a real breakdown (meaning nearly no instruments in it, mostly sound fx or something) - i think it would give your drop a little bit of an energy boost...
    patience, layers, and experimentation is what i find to be key in production.

the big build ups come from a couple things: layers, because the more instruments building up, the more sound, the more energy you have. obviously an increase in the rhythm, like the way the kick drum in the track goes from 1/4 beat, to 1/8, to 1/16, etc. and finally, dynamics. they help just like the layers do in to add a certain sonic "mental" build up in the listeners ears. in the track i used it a couple times, when a track would fade out or fade in. the increase in the rhythm and the increase in volume all add to the listener feeling as if the sound was coming at them.

on this track, to "master" i simply put a limiter on the master output channel, while keeping the dynamic of the various track volumes. not all tracks need to be put on blast, but this master limiter helped avoid any random clipping that may occur, and solved the issue i couldn't fix with the big stabs of the synth-bass and sub-bass sounding different on each stab. that and compression are really the only "mastering" techniques i'm really familiar with and therefore readily using, but in reality these are oversimplified versions of mastering. but though they're not professionally mastered, i'm really happy with the way the sound turned out.

i've thought about the breakdowns going further too. the only reason i don't is because i'm not quite comfortable and haven't found an excellent way to implement effects in logic like i would like to. but i do have that same idea of breaking down further in mind. i really need some more instruments :P

glad you liked the track though, thanks for the feedback brother.

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    ... i really need some more instruments :P
    well, actually i think you don't need more instruments... dnb tracks mostly don't have very much different instruments in it, but they have big variatens of the instruments... that's what i think makes a track interesting - e.g. (that's one of the better parts of my tracks imo) i have about 3 to 4 different kinds of "instruments" in my tracks, but for each instrument i have 3 to 7 tracks... i take one instrument and duplicate it and add an auto-filter, duplicate that one and add a flanger then duplicate the base instrument and add different fx, overdrive - whatever you like

personally i think that's the best way to easily bring a lot of nice variation to your track... you could try that, i struggled long to wrap my head around the concept of variations of instruments (with automations you'll need a LOT more time to accomplish the same), but that is my personal solution to that problem... and i kinda like it

once again - really nice track, your track already inspired me to try out a few new ideas

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    well, actually i think you don't need more instruments... dnb tracks mostly don't have very much different instruments in it, but they have big variatens of the instruments... that's what i think makes a track interesting - e.g. (that's one of the better parts of my tracks imo) i have about 3 to 4 different kinds of "instruments" in my tracks, but for each instrument i have 3 to 7 tracks... i take one instrument and duplicate it and add an auto-filter, duplicate that one and add a flanger then duplicate the base instrument and add different fx, overdrive - whatever you like

personally i think that's the best way to easily bring a lot of nice variation to your track... you could try that, i struggled long to wrap my head around the concept of variations of instruments (with automations you'll need a LOT more time to accomplish the same), but that is my personal solution to that problem... and i kinda like it

once again - really nice track, your track already inspired me to try out a few new ideas
    well actually i meant just in general, i think the posted track has enough instruments in it already haha. i like your approach though, i've never thought of adding multiple tracks of the same instrument for different effects. that makes it a lot easier than having to turn effects on and off and the hassle that comes along with it. this is probably my favorite part of this website, is seeing how we all take a different approach to things, and all gain a little something from everyone. good stuff.

lol
    thought you meant you'd need more instruments in this track
    you could think about adding some soft synth to your collection, like massive or absynth or something like that...

as i got some inspiration from your track i already started with another track of my own... i kinda like it that i don't know how it will end - just letting my inspiration move the track in any direction it wants

what you stated above is kind of my favorite part of this site too - if you struggle with something just go ask the community - they'll always come up with stunning ways to achieve your goals you wouldn't ever have thought about!
    DJTT really kicks ass

Chris this shits fucking bomb dude! Mastery has made it sound waaaay more crisp. We need to get on the cut when i get back dude. Met some cool DJ's in Germany, gunna show them this track. Good job man.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

nice track mang
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast