Pioneer XDJ Aero! - Page 12
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

999$ and no dedicated control over fx section... Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Or take a laptop and controller, or have to deal with the shit equipment most smaller clubs have installed, or don't have any kind of rider or expected gear at all, or supply their own gigs. There's a ton of DJs who don't have residencies in upscale clubs, but still get paid to spin.
    Yeah like I said if you lug your decks to your gigs it could be useful.
    But then what's the point of having that gear?

What it does do is make it exponentially easier to travel, gig, and play vs a controller and laptop. Last time I checked, the majority of the market wasn't dominated by CDJs. The club install market maybe, but more controllers are being moved than CDJ-2000s, if for sheer price point alone.
    Come off it - carrying a laptop extra is hardly a big deal.
    These all-in-one controllers do sell lots, but you only have to read a few pages on here to see who is buying them.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Ah yeah didn't read that - why did they make it 802.11n and then limit it to 2.4GHz, weird..

Microwaves and wifi cameras could be a problem agreed.
    But they would have to be close by as well for it to be a real problem.

The main issue would be all the flourecent lighting and wiring.

I am agreeing with you, wifi in the club is a bad idea just because it could drop for whatever reason, including interference, but I think it's unlikely when the access point and device are side by side.
    5ghz isn't used that frequently yet for consumer level products, at least not in the states. it's getting there though.

i don't see much fluorescent lighting in the bars and smaller clubs i go to (which is where someone is more likely to use this). i would be more worried about wifi cameras as that would be pretty common in that type of environment and there would probably be quite a few of them spread across the property for security reasons (one of which would likely be right on the dj booth). they don't have to be that close to cause interference as signals can reach pretty far. even at 20+ feet away strong devices like that could cause issues. you may not get complete packet loss when it's at a further distance, but when you are dealing with streaming audio, losing 10-20% would be killing your set. hell, i've seen access points spit a wifi signal hundreds of feet outside from in a building.

when this type of interference occurs the distance to the ap is irrelevant since it killing your wifi signal at the source. trust me, i have to deal with this stuff somewhat frequently and you will definitely lose connection even if your device is right next to the ap.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yep I know a bit from uni about it but don't claim to be an expert, but we both agree it's a bad idea.

Nice info, learnt something new there.
    SC | MC

Yes, the only professional equipment on the entire market are CDJ-2000s, and M3Ds, and those two units are only sold to clubs. The rest of the high end market, and the rest of the market in general, is only patronized at bedroom DJs. No professional ever uses anything else but the club's equipment, and never owns any hardware themselves.

C'mon, seriously? There's an entire subculture of DJs who gig on their own stuff. Especially when that stuff is portable. It just so happens that their own stuff is typically a DVS with the hardware just being a point of control, or high end hardware in itself. Not to mention the underground scene and event companies, who can swallow multiple XDJs for the cost of half of a 2000 rig. This unit lowers the barrier to entry significantly, and provides virtually everything you could want out of Pioneer's best.

Besides, not every club has a pair of CDJ-2000s kicking around. I slosh mine around with promoters all the time (only when I'm playing), especially with non-club events. Turn up to a club and they've got a beat up CMX, a pair of dented M3Ds, or some beat to shit players, plop this fucker on top of that, and suddenly the whole venue is Rekordbox enabled; something that I can already accomplish, albeit across 3 flight cases, 120lbs of gear, $5500 in capital, and a rework of the booth. This unit slashes that down to something I can sling under my arm, and sit on top of pretty much anything.
    yes. yes. yes. +3 Olympic Gold.

>

my friend is about to open a small lounge on a small island. He wants to have guest DJ's playing here and there. He doesn't have $5K to spend on a Pioneer booth install. This is the perfect solution. You love CDJ's ? Bring your USB Rekordbox stick. DONE.
    If you are too good to DJ on the AERO then go fuck yourself.

The AERO is better than NO CDJ's at all.

>

With one USB port it must have a proper buffer right? How else would you switch seamlessly to another DJ and/or USB stick ?

>

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    With one USB port it must have a proper buffer right? How else would you switch seamlessly to another DJ and/or USB stick ?
    From reading pioneers site it specifially mentions player to player, kinda making a kind of definition that they are quite independent from each other.

I don't see whay anyone would want to do that - the only advantage I can see is having your playlists on an iPad compared to scrolling through lists on the device via USB.
    This is the biggest plus point IMHO, Proper Waveforms/Cues etc.. on a nice big tablet display along with playlist management and no laptop in sight.

Come off it - carrying a laptop extra is hardly a big deal.
    These all-in-one controllers do sell lots, but you only have to read a few pages on here to see who is buying them.
    I've been looking for that opportunity to ditch the laptop .. carrying it is no big deal, however I'd prefer to bring along a Tablet and not need to connect ANYTHING and just start spinning.

When I go out I really don't want to start babysitting my $1200 laptop with all my other work on it before or after I play. Especially if my $200 tablet will do the same job - at least with vinyl there wasn't much chance it would be pinched from the booth.

Just for the record I've never had wireless dropoffs that I know of in a pretty packed DJ box I worked in for a long time before and that was for streaming video over wifi along with multiple PC's in the booth, alot of DMX cabling, LED lighting around the DJ box, multiple dimmer racks and 2 x 2.4ghz video sender units sending to a switch matrix in a control room..... We were using 801.11g btw at that time

You're only going to be streaming at a pretty slow speed anyhow at under 10 megs per min even for the highest quality mp3's if both decks are in use continually.

The AP Appx 10 meters away (2004/5) - Once channels for wifi were checked for overlaps beforehand, and there was multiple AP's being used in the building.

Remember this is only their Prosumer incarnation of the technology and I already see it being a game changer - perhaps they will implement 5ghz in pro models which I have no doubt will enter the arena soon enough.

Tech Guru

im trying to figure out how to save for one of these for xmas. all new toys have been cancelled. i need this. dont have a laptop anymore. this is perfect. recordbox on my desktop for managing. if i need to play out, i bring the aero.

i fucking need this

new laptop + controller would cost me more. plus, i dont have to consider any apple products =p

my nokia will have to go though. htc here i come!
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    im trying to figure out how to save for one of these for xmas. all new toys have been cancelled. i need this. dont have a laptop anymore. this is perfect. recordbox on my desktop for managing. if i need to play out, i bring the aero.

i fucking need this

new laptop + controller would cost me more. plus, i dont have to consider any apple products =p

my nokia will have to go though. htc here i come!
    Hmm, you miss on a lightweight MacBook Air and a Twitch + Traktor, more flexibility than Aero. Heck, add Ableton Live to the laptop as well.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast