Pioneer XDJ Aero! - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

It is not aimed at working DJ's - it is for use in the home (so it says on their site)

Good points:

Seperate mixer so you can plug decks/cdj's in.
    Up to 4 wi-fi devices at once.
    Play both decks from one USB stick.
    Recording directly to USB in 16bit .wav.
    Soundcard & midi for Traktor.
    Can create own wireless network to connect to phones/tablets.

Not a bad home unit at all.

http://pioneerdj.com/english/product.../xdj-aero.html
    SC | MC

Play both decks from one USB stick.
    Recording directly to USB in 16bit .wav.
    winning points for me...similar like the stanton scs4.dj thing...
    neat concept, i can see myself totting this with a Galaxy Note 2 & a couple of usb drives for a bit of 'fun times'....but the price -_-

and the screen reminds me of my Sony Walkman display 6 years back
    Last edited by Luconia; 08-09-2012 at 09:29 AM.

interesting. I don't think it looks toy-like, but I bet its gonna have a huge price tag on it. Not really my thing, I have an S4 and thats all I want as I plan on moving away from all in one's soon.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

but if suddenly Santa gives one away for free i would not mind such 'toy'...heck the concept of SCS4.DJ really gets my attention, just that this Aero bring it one step higher with all the wifi & mobile apps..

nice to see, good to hold...but i'm still sold on the sight of 2 turntable and a mixer :P

I doubt that it will have a profound impact on anything.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I think this is the way of the future TBH and what better way to beta test the functions than in a non-mission-critical setting of a bedroom or studio.

My gut feeling is the next CDJ update will NOT include cd players and this kind of interface is gonna pave the way.

Sure it may look a small bit Toyish (so do CDJ350's and 400's), but consider for a moment - its a completely standalone device at almost the same price as some of the other pricier midi-only controllers out there (vestax/numark).

It Features (from my understanding) a real mixer, sound card, wifi streaming, media player and the most cost effective rekordbox setup you are gonna get in an extremely compact party size package and thats just touching on the good points!.

Only thing I really dislike is the displays though which look like they got pulled from the Gemini's rejects line.

In saying that even if I were touring and needed something reckordbox compatible to fuck around with in my hotel room I'd snap one up.

Dont forget you don't have to use the wi-fi function and my gut says this is some kinda bridge they are working on to make DJ swap overs seamless - no cables to start plugging in or out, just find wifi, hit button and sync your next track with ipad/phone or whatever.

If the Machinery could handle a full track in a buffer (of higher end units), the reliability issue of wifi would be zero anyhow.
    This.

I think it's a great concept. With a little better waves this thing would be a hit. This + a USB stick and your set. Also like the standard filter knobs and Pioneer DJM post fader effects.

I think what we are seeing is the shifting technology of pioneer CDJ's.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

I think its awesome, cheapest Rekordbox set up for sure, i would get this over the 350 setup, also has filter knobs!!

Filter Knobs = Win!!

i think manny people will still prefer the S4/Vci-400. And i think Pioneer realizes that the people who really know what they are buying won't spend there money on this, you can see this if you look at the style of the vid. Someone who's looking a serious controller is not interested in skateboarding and that kind of shit, but people who want to be a dj and have no idea what they are buying won't realize it's a trap.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    i think manny people will still prefer the S4/Vci-400. And i think Pioneer realizes that the people who really know what they are buying won't spend there money on this, you can see this if you look at the style of the vid. Someone who's looking a serious controller is not interested in skateboarding and that kind of shit, but people who want to be a dj and have no idea what they are buying won't realize it's a trap.
    You serious? You think there marketing to skateboarders..... its a stand alone unit. Owns the s4 and vcicause they require a laptop and don't use recordbox

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Its not just a controller though - thats the point.

Sure it can be used as one (mentions midi and HID with traktor), but the primary focus is on laptop-less DJ'ing with their Rekordbox software running on mobile devices and creating sets which could then be transferred into a club Environment without any extra prep work.

I imagine whatever new line of pro controllers they are working on will be a step up in quality with the same mobile device workflow which IMHO is seriously fucking awesome.

Essentially with this unit you are getting 2 modernized 350's with a DJM250 + Mobile App device control and no-need for a laptop when gigging.

No i'm not into skateboarding. However I am into streamlining my workflow, which includes ditching my laptop at gigs and being able to work from an iPad for Prepwork, and This seems like a major step in the right direction. I've been pretty vocal about the usage of Mobile devices for just this purpose for a while now. Especially on the Denon thread where I feel they dropped the ball again with keeping the laptop as necessary for ipad control.

No, I may not use wifi at a gig (lets see how it works first), but their is USB as an option as well so its really no biggie, like I said its all going to depend on the buffer where it comes to wi-fi IMHO.

Where's the Trap ?

The newbies will be able to walk into a club and plug in using the exact same system they used at home.

Just like newbies used to be able to walk into a club and use a pair of technics after playing for hours on end with their own Gemini/Kam etc....Doing this with CDJ's was just never cost effective enough IMHO and the workflow varied too much from CDJ to CDJ.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast