Pioneer XDJ Aero! - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

I would be a little scared using this outside the bedroom. The fact that music is streamed (via wireless) to the device and not pushed could lead to disasters.

Can see it now some 14 year old weenie fuzzing your wireless at a live show and deliberately crashing the wireless. Heck I would bet fuzzing the Pioneer itself would lead to a bunch of very nasty bugs. Sorry if this is a bit geeky but I wouldn't trust it one bit when you have an audience.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You don't even need to load your USB stick, you can play directly from your mobile device and view waveforms, load tracks etc from the bigger screen.
    and you would trust that live at a gig wirelessly? I wouldn't

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    and you would trust that live at a gig wirelessly? I wouldn't
    More importantly I would not trust the people AT the gig in the audience. Only takes one person with half a brain to do some serious damage via wireless connection.

Tech Mentor

yup, that too, I am sure though there has to be an "accept device" feature on the controller

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    yup, that too, I am sure though there has to be an "accept device" feature on the controller
    Doesn't matter. All someone would have to do is break the WEP or WPA2 encryption and then you can start torturing the device remotely since it will have a IP address. Heck you could even play games with station de-auth.

Tech Guru

Understood but some of your are missing the point. Regardless if there is a password if you can get on to the wireless network you can wreak serious havoc. Just look at the tricks that are pulled during defcon and any other major computer security conference.

I thought it was hilarious when Mark from DJWorx mentioned someone will actually end up making tiesto play Scatman - it could be done if someone wants to put in the time (and granted Tiesto used this unit).

Guess my point is use the USB if you are going to play out with this device.

Wifi use in clubs and noisy stages -- major disaster area.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Doesn't matter. All someone would have to do is break the WEP or WPA2 encryption and then you can start torturing the device remotely since it will have a IP address. Heck you could even play games with station de-auth.

Just a wifi blocker/scrambler would suffice.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Just a wifi blocker/scrambler would suffice.
    Yeah that as well. Such a scary situation in my head knowing the tools that are out there now.

I'm not really sure why everyone is getting all up in arms about the wifi? You create an ad hoc network and hook to it. Its not like freaking starbucks wi-fi. How many people have we seen play out with Ipads already using Touch-ocs over an ad-hoc network on huge massive gigs? The technology is there and its proven to be fairly stable. Lemur does the same thing, over wi-fi, sending signals to control music. I mean a ton of major artist use that and trust wi-fi ad hoc networks.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast