Pioneer XDJ Aero! - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

DJs should always have a fail-safe or backup plan, in general, for their setups. If the wi-fi blows out or gets compromised, switching to a wired setup should be ready to go. At least that's what I would do.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    The same can be said about these guys like hawtin and whatever using ipads to sync up and play, if the ad hoc get screwed with someone could literally do anything and control the set.
    Nope. Hawtin and all the guys might be using their ipads to add an extra synth layer or some extra drums to their existing track but that doesn't mean their sound will get totally screwed up by a wifi connection fail. All the rest of the set will keep playing. With the XDJ Aero it's the complete music that is streamed so the whole set substantially is in danger.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

OMG PEOPLE! TURN YOUR PHONES OFF NOW!!!! IT HAS WIFI AND HACKERS ARE OUT TO GET YOU RIGHT NOW!!!
    I HIGHLY doubt they would be after your dj gear, they want your cellphone with personal info.

Tech Wizard

99% of people in a crowd wouldn't have a clue what gear your using never mind know your using wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    So essentially i could buy this and use it with 2 usb sticks and play a set?
    you can do a set with one USB stick. And if your friends bring a USB stick they can jump in seamlessly.

>

Pioneer just took a small breakthrough step in the right direction and all you geeks care about is hacking the wifi and ruining Guetta's set.

>

Tech Wizard

I think its an awesome concept, i was going to buy cdj350's/ or 850's just so i could have something at home with Rekordbox, this will save me a load of money and ill still be able to jump on the 900's at the bar with the same usb stick! The wifi will be awesome for at home for waveforms etc!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

[QUOTE=MYE;515673]I think it will kill off the s4./QUOTE]

I don;t think so, 2 channel vs 4 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I think the issue with wifi is when you are not connected to a network and you have wifi on it will look for a new network every few minutes taking up valuable resources... If your connected to a network already there is no need to reconnect so you probably wont have the same issues. *I'm just thinking out aloud & don't know the facts to support this*
    This is very much the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    I think this is calling an end to CDJ's. Realistically with all the functionality of being able to play mp3's from a USB drive or using rekordbox on the existing CDJ's who's bothered about buying or burning CD's to play in a club?
    While I agree that the CD in CDJ will be a thing of the past, this is not what will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    NO LAPTOP REQUIRED at the gig people. That's a gamechanger. Load up the USB stick and go.

>
    Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    There's some irony in it, isn't it?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Doesn't matter. All someone would have to do is break the WEP or WPA2 encryption and then you can start torturing the device remotely since it will have a IP address. Heck you could even play games with station de-auth.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    It takes a particular setup (Wireless cards that allow packet injection if I remember right) to crack the network in the first place, plus a reasonably powered laptop (not a phone or tablet) and a fair bit of know how to do this correctly.

Seriously do you think theres gonna be that many white flower Vans parked outside venues with 3 or 4 nerds inside trying to De-Auth and Fuck up a DJ's set ?

If you think there will be - use the USB port instead.
    Even if a phone or tablet can do it, can it realistically be done in the hour or two the average set is?

Quote Originally Posted by verko View Post
    I think its an awesome concept,
    I agree, but will not be buying one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I think this badboy will be used by cdj users who already have their tunes with rekordbox and just want to muck around at home (with their gold plated pioneer controller)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Time for some AERO-Js and I'll be happy.

I still like my DJM-900
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast