Pioneer XDJ Aero!
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Pioneer XDJ Aero!

This was just released in the Netherlands, check out this new Pioneer controller!!!
    http://www.xdj-aero.com

WiFi, USB, Rekordbox... Sounds pretty amazing to me, and a price of only €999 (for Pioneer that's a bargain).

However those knobs look plastic and the cue/play buttons look like those on the Ergo...

Had to share it
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

It says it connects to tablets and smartphones via wifi looks like the laptop is too old for pioneer......
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    It says it connects to tablets and smartphones via wifi looks like the laptop is too old for pioneer......
    Also laptop ;-) Native Rekordbox connection, Traktor MIDI and VDJ HID :-D

it looks very toy like
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

pioneers gear is getting more toyish every year...

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    pioneers gear is getting more toyish every year...
    Yeah pioneer are going backwards they need to start making more robust and solid controller's that look professional not controllers that have gimmicky things like wifi and flashy lights...... and the knobs and faders don't look very solid

Tech Guru

I don't get who they are marketing towards with this.. Using wifi would be unreliable and €999 is crazy. If it was cheap it would be a fun unit for playing around at home with friends.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yeah pioneer are going backwards they need to start making more robust and solid controller's that look professional not controllers that have gimmicky things like wifi and flashy lights...... and the knobs and faders don't look very solid
    I think this is the way of the future TBH and what better way to beta test the functions than in a non-mission-critical setting of a bedroom or studio.

My gut feeling is the next CDJ update will NOT include cd players and this kind of interface is gonna pave the way.

Sure it may look a small bit Toyish (so do CDJ350's and 400's), but consider for a moment - its a completely standalone device at almost the same price as some of the other pricier midi-only controllers out there (vestax/numark).

It Features (from my understanding) a real mixer, sound card, wifi streaming, media player and the most cost effective rekordbox setup you are gonna get in an extremely compact party size package and thats just touching on the good points!.

Only thing I really dislike is the displays though which look like they got pulled from the Gemini's rejects line.

In saying that even if I were touring and needed something reckordbox compatible to fuck around with in my hotel room I'd snap one up.

Dont forget you don't have to use the wi-fi function and my gut says this is some kinda bridge they are working on to make DJ swap overs seamless - no cables to start plugging in or out, just find wifi, hit button and sync your next track with ipad/phone or whatever.

If the Machinery could handle a full track in a buffer (of higher end units), the reliability issue of wifi would be zero anyhow.
    Last edited by deevey; 08-09-2012 at 03:00 AM.

I like how you can judge a piece of gear's quality, reliability, and feel, based entirely off of a picture. Do you have some kind of super 3D monitor that let's you touch it?

The Ergo is one of the most solid controllers on the market, just because it has rounded edges, doesn't mean it's a "toy."

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast