Pioneer XDJ Aero! - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yes I would not use Wifi for gigs but then again it's intended for bedroom DJs to push their content to smart phones and so on. Interesting but expensive bedroom/semi-pro DJ system.

This controller is probably made for those that use cdj-2000's in clubs and need a less expensive solutiom for home-djing.
    The wifi makes the aero a great tool for drive in shows and small partys.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Holy Christ almightly. Guys, this is a standalone unit. This thing didn't usher in new technology, this thing just potentially killed every $900-$1000 controller on the market. You know how you'd roll up to a gig with your S4 under your arm, and your laptop in your backpack? Now you don't even need the laptop...

Tech Mentor

looks interesting. very smart for them to integrate rekordbox into the controller, really lets people organize, practice, then go play out their sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Holy Christ almightly. Guys, this is a standalone unit. This thing didn't usher in new technology, this thing just potentially killed every $900-$1000 controller on the market. You know how you'd roll up to a gig with your S4 under your arm, and your laptop in your backpack? Now you don't even need the laptop...
    I think it will kill off the s4. And also native instruments and other dj companys will have to bring in this wifi connectivity in their next line of controllers to keep up. i think we will see this connectivity in the next 2000's meaning one 2000 is the hub (with a usb stick) and the other one,two or three are the slaves
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Cool video. It gives me a better idea of how all the smartphone and tablet stuff works
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Impressive. Price
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Videos actually got pretty nice camera work. It looks really imposing at a grand.

i am surprised that it wasn't more expensive rekordbox,new technology and the pioneer logo

The controller itself isn't really that big of a deal imho, but where they are going with the integration is the next step, one that Native and Serato just missed the boat on. Let me explain :

The more time goes by the more people have tablets and smartphones, or advanced media players ( ala ipod touch ). What Pioneer just gave us is on the go gridding and adjustment to our libraries (00:47 in the video). This is huge, this is something that has been requested or at least talked about by a lot of people. Maybe in a future release (or from the get go) we'll have cue point assignment and other capabilities ( creating fx chains for the rmx-1000 anyone ? ). All that allowing you to listen to your music, sort it, tag it and prepare it for use during our dj sets. And then you consolidate your library at home, and voila no more spending hours in front of your computer at home, you can now do it during downtime at lunch, on the buss, hell go to the park or something.
    Next is the wifi/wireless syncing of the music, i'd be weary to use it in a club for now (imagine someone in the crowd has the same app, could it interfere? how about the number of signal coming from all those smartphones, etc...). But i'm sure that given time and releases it's going to be a really big change to the market.

Hell pioneer just saved their asses from the djing software by staying relevant with their (already in place, already in almost all big night clubs and dj riders) overpriced cdj and djm equipment.

I like it !
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast