VCI-100 Broken Left volume fader help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100 Broken Left volume fader help!

Firstly sorry If i'm posting in the wrong section, wasn't sure.

Anyway ran into a massive problem with my vci-100 yesterday. Whilst performing at a party, all of a sudden the volume for the left deck went down to 0, also the representation of the fader in traktor was now all the way down.

Now when I move the left volume fader, the data send button does not light up at all, nor does it control anything within traktor.

Also I downloaded Midi Monitor and checked to see if any midi message were being sent, for the left fader, there not. Every other button works fine and sends data (and responds in midi monitor).

If anyone has any idea how to fix this please help! My warranty has run out so taking it back to the shop is not an option.

Also its just a standard vci-100 (no cf) and I'm running vista. This is definately not a traktor issue, my vci-100 no longer send midi data for the left volume fader.

Does the midi activity LED light up when your moving that fader ?

If not first thing i would be doing is checking the connections on the fader to make sure its connected properly.

also, welcome to the forums

Tech Wizard

No it doesnt light up, ill open it and have a look at the connections.

Quote Originally Posted by DnBass View Post
    No it doesnt light up, ill open it and have a look at the connections.
    While your in there try connecting the right fader to the left faders cable to test to see if its the fader thats causing the issue or if its something else wrong with the unit.

Tech Wizard

Well I did what you said, and it does seem to be just the fader thats the problem. Swapped the left into the right and its sending midi loud and clear! Therefore it would seem I need a new fader, don't suppose you have any idea where I can get one from?

Btw, thank you so far! Already feeling better about this situation as I know its nothing wrong with the motherboard etc.

No problem,

You have 2 choices, you can contact a vestax repair agent and see if he can get you a replacement fader that you could buy - thats the only way to get the original faders.

Alternativly you could replace the both faders with these - http://au.mouser.com/Search/ProductD...E60-151B-103B2

I say both because it isnt the the exact same fader as the original and you will want to keep a consistent feel which means replacing them both. I beleive these have a lower resistance than the original faders and are a bit smoother so you should be happy with them - i havent tested them personally though.

Tech Wizard

Will the other faders require any kind of soldering etc? (As i'm quite an amateur). Or do they just plug in like the old ones?

I havent tried them so im not sure, Anthony More will know the answer to this question though ill bump him into this thread

If you order the bourns fader,you have to desolder the old one from the little
    circuit board, and replace/solder it with the new one,
    But it is easy to do, even with no solder skills.
    I think someone did a thread about this.
    I will look for it..
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast