Everybody and their mother is a DJ.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Everybody and their mother is a DJ.......

It seems like every kid says their a DJ nowadays.....WHY?! I have been seeing a lot more of this recently, mainly since controllers and equipment seem to be getting cheaper in price, which usually goes along with quality too. However, it seems like every time i look for reviews on gear(speakers recently), it seems like all these 13-14 yr old bastards are posting reviews on youtube about how much money they spend on gear, most likely their parents money.

some of us work for a living and make shit for money, so it takes a little while to get the stuff we want. I just think its ridiculous how these little bastards get some gear and call themselves DJ's because they had a their friends over their garage and pushed play for a couple hours. does anybody else get annoyed by these ass clowns?

my name is jon.....and i approve this rant!

Quote Originally Posted by jringeno View Post
    It seems like every kid says their a DJ nowadays.....WHY?! I have been seeing a lot more of this recently, mainly since controllers and equipment seem to be getting cheaper in price, which usually goes along with quality too. However, it seems like every time i look for reviews on gear(speakers recently), it seems like all these 13-14 yr old bastards are posting reviews on youtube about how much money they spend on gear, most likely their parents money.

some of us work for a living and make shit for money, so it takes a little while to get the stuff we want. I just think its ridiculous how these little bastards get some gear and call themselves DJ's because they had a their friends over their garage and pushed play for a couple hours. does anybody else get annoyed by these ass clowns?

my name is jon.....and i approve this rant!
    I agree with you man literally every kid in grade 8,9 at my school ( I'm in grade 12 ) has a dj name and I am sick too fucking death of it and the sad thing is they don't know how to dj either they just use the flanger,phaser,beatmasher and gater on the whole track and they do 10 second transition that sound like rubbish.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Mentor

Honestly, if you're good, it shouldn't be a worry!
    Last edited by mart21har; 08-10-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

bastards...fucking dead...bla bla bla... stop wining! go practise and donīt waste your precious time ranting and stuff!!!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Another way to look at it is that they are people with a passion and they want to pursue their dream. Just like we all started doing this.

But I can imagine most of them are New Era hat rocking, yoloing, annoying, pretentious little fucks. Or maybe that's just a stereotype. Actually I've never seen one, so they don't actually annoy me.

I see that OP also asks why, let me boil it down to the essentials for you:

Passion for rock music => kid buys a guitar
    Passion for EDM => kid buys DJ gear

Who cares... It's not like they can play let alone get into a club. I guess if these teenage dj's are stealing your gigs you should look at yourself rather then someone else to blame. I know I wouldn't even want to compete with the crap that they often play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    bastards...fucking dead...bla bla bla... stop wining! go practise and donīt waste your precious time ranting and stuff!!!
    Yes don't piss me and the Ed of we'll come over from Germany and shit on you lame mo-fucks...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi Bass View Post
    Yes don't piss me and the Ed of we'll come over from Germany and shit on you lame mo-fucks...........
    Better close this thread or else we 've got another war on our hands.

just let it run its course...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast