Secrets of Modifiers

Default Secrets of Modifiers

Hi Guys, I probably seem to have an understanding problem about the Modifiers. I want to set up the "Song Select" section of the VCI-100 like this: "preview-button" acts as a modifier, so that pushing for example down selects the next song in the list while pushing "preview+down" selects the next playlist in the tree. This works nicely.
    Now I want to set up "load a + b" so that they load the selected song when being pushed and use "load a" also to toggle-switch to full browser view when "preview" is being pressed. The toggling of the browser views works fine, but still the action "Load selected song into Deck A" is being performed.
    Does anybody know how I can prevent such action to be performed when a modifier is pressed? That would be *very* helpful!
    Thanks, mijk

You need to set the modifier to the original function with a value of '0' That tells the program that when the modifier isn't pressed, it will do function A, and when the modifier is pressed it will do function B. Also remember Any button you set as a modifier cannot be mappewd to any other function.
    In your case, lets just say youset the preview button as modifier 2. Firstly go to your load A setting, set modifier 2 to a value of 0, then go to toggle browser view that has been mapped to the same button and set the value to "1".
    Last edited by Jester; 06-14-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks Jester, sounds absolutely reasonable. So you mean I have to assign a modifier with "zero"-value to any button, that I want to use with modifier functions? This would also mean that I can only use each button at least for 3 functions: without modifier and with 2 modifier functions, since Traktor allows only 2 modifiers for each control. True?
    And now that I know that the value "zero" in a modifier prevents an action to be performed, when a modifier is pressed, could you please also explain, what the 7 values of each modifier represent?
    Thanks so much for your comment anyway.

Sure. Any control you want to use with modifiers has to have the default value "0". Well if you had 8 Modifiers mapped out that would significantly increase the amount of combinations you could use. e.g M1 + [ M2/M3/M4/M5/M6/M7/M8 ] M2 + [.... see what i mean. Now the values over 1 i'm not sure about as i haven't used them, But i think 3 functions for a particular control is fine, you don't want to confuse yourself.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506 - *** ! READ ME FIRST ! *** Posting Instructions

Read the stickies before posting, moved to the general forum.