What is the counting thing in the Traktor Remix Deck and WHY is it raping my CPU?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the counting thing in the Traktor Remix Deck and WHY is it raping my CPU?

Hey guys,

My laptop is on its last notes with its Dual Core processor and 4 gb ram but Traktor Pro 2.5 runs super smooth, except for this one and only situation.

On the remix deck, there is a counting thing when the deck is playing, and when it gets high enough, my CPU gets trashed and Traktor crashes.

If I stop the deck, especially if I load up a new remix deck file, which resets the counter thing... the CPU goes back to normal.

I looked in the manual but didn't find a description of this thing, which I have pictured below with a big red arrow.

remix.jpg
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

loop recorder? since it says loop recorder below it? idk haven't used the remix decks yet, getting a F1 soon though

Yeah I was thinking that too, but the loop recorder on top of the screen is not recording anything.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's either beats or beats to cue. You can change what goes in that field in the track deck section of preferences. I would be surprised if that fixed your problem, but it's worth a try.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I have had to go back to 2.(x) as 2.5 was killign my laptop.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

photojojo: But this is not a track deck, it's a remix deck. It doesn't have the same layout.

It looks like a metronome/beat counter for the deck itself. I see you have it set as the master track, perhaps it keeps a counter for quantization purposes?

I don't think so... even when I stop the deck, it stops, but never resets, the higher the number, the higher the pressure on my CPU.

i doubt that it is causing your crash BUT you could easily work around this by reloading your remix set from time to time, thus resetting the counter
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

You should report this to NI support (if you haven't already).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast