DJTT Newsletter - Find out which songs people like x What do you like to listen
    Tech Wizard

Default DJTT Newsletter - Find out which songs people like x What do you like to listen

Hey guys,

I checked my mail last night and saw Zach giving a tip for guessing which songs strangers would like.
    Started to think about it.

The main reason the DJ exists is to entretain people through music, including or not amazing performances. It really doesn't matter if they are press play DJ's. And DJ is becoming a main stage act. Nicky Romero posted a poster of a festival that included him, Aoki, Foo Fighters and a lot of rock bands.
    Green Valley, the 2nd best club round the globe is making a party at a local theme park round my town. It sold 20.000 tickets WITHOUT A LINE-UP. That's right guys, they didn't released the line-up yet and they sold 20.000 tickets. I bought 2 of em of course. 20.000 tickets x 90 bux (average) = R$1.800.000,00 = US$886,699.50 (estimated).

That stated I was wondering why we should guess what genre people would like to hear and dance. People usually pay to get wasted at the VIP lounge and score some girls and easy sex. The music is (usually) a background noise. Of course, there are people that REALLY like the music and search for quality, but everyone that I do know will always prefer the mainstream DJ to the underground DJ, even if they play the same "last-week-deep-bass-nu-disco-song" that no one ever heard of.

They'll listen the popular DJ and criticize it and praise it, and they'll ignore the starting and unknown DJ.

What do I think is the main difference between them? Experience and credibility. The stage presence could be a factor that defines a "good" DJ from a "bad" one, even if they have the same skill level and music library.

So, in the world that we live, it doesn't matter if people like what you are gonna play if you are a mainstream/popular DJ. They'll stop and listen to it and (maybe) adoring you. You could play anything you want.

But, if you are a starting DJ it really doesn't matter too. They'll only look at you if you could manage to get their attention. Playing a bad song will attract their mad eyes, for sure. A good one that nobody ever listened to and made the floor shake? For sure they'll look at you.

Search for good songs that you love and choose the best moment to unleash that Kraken at the dancefloor.

well written.

Tech Mentor

Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    well written.
    Thanks buddy.