DJTT Mix competition - Whos got the balls?
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 186
  1. #1
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default DJTT Mix competition - Whos got the balls?

    Who wants to go in a head to head mix off?

    We can do a knockout competition and run a vote.

    Kinda like a mix train but a bit different.

    The rules (Any input welcome):

    30 - 45 min
    Any Genre
    Any format ie vinyl, traktor, ableton, serato or whatever!

    Whos in? Put your names down and I will randomly sort out who plays against who

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor Maven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, USA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    my genre is better than yours(my dad is stronger than yours)

  3. #3
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    my genre is better than yours(my dad is stronger than yours)
    let the people decide!

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor crakbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I think you need to keep the length pretty short though, sort of like the video contests or MF 3D contests so people actually listen/watch the entries. Personally, I have no time to listen to 15 different 40 minute mixes.

    So "routines" like live remixes or live mash ups would be better. They are short and easier to judge.

  5. #5
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Nah, Its about the full Mix, see what your saying but just have to be patient!

  6. #6
    Tech Guru Timbo21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    It's Britainy Bitch
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Nah, Its about the full Mix, see what your saying but just have to be patient!
    Just play the one track then

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
    I think you need to keep the length pretty short though, sort of like the video contests or MF 3D contests so people actually listen/watch the entries. Personally, I have no time to listen to 15 different 40 minute mixes.

    So "routines" like live remixes or live mash ups would be better. They are short and easier to judge.
    +1....not listening to 30 minute mixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  8. #8
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    +1....not listening to 30 minute mixes.
    Maybe we could do it that if you enter - you have to listen to two mixs and vote

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Maybe we could do it that if you enter - you have to listen to two mixs and vote
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

  10. #10
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston/Worcester
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
    I think you need to keep the length pretty short though, sort of like the video contests or MF 3D contests so people actually listen/watch the entries. Personally, I have no time to listen to 15 different 40 minute mixes.

    So "routines" like live remixes or live mash ups would be better. They are short and easier to judge.
    I agree. Also if it was my decision, I wouldnt allow any post mix editing or any crooklyn clan style re-mixes

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •